Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2020 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

55 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just too inexperienced to close out. As good as he can be, he’s streaky. Bryson with a flawless final round, impressive. Luckily I levered my dfs lineups with Bryson/Wolf/English stacks and ended with a very nice weekend. 

Crazy...The Masters is right around the corner.

I can't wait for the Masters and to see what the course looks like in a different season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mreaves said:

I can't wait for the Masters and to see what the course looks like in a different season.

Instead of flowers blossoming, we’ll have fall foilage.

Interestingly enough I put down 20 units earlier this summer, when Wolff wasn’t playing well, to win the Masters at +16500. After great showings at the PGA and the US Open...I’m sure his odds will be down around +2200 or so. 

I think Rory is close as well...his game is inching back to elite. 

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Instead of flowers blossoming, we’ll have fall foilage.

Interestingly enough I put down 20 units earlier this summer, when Wolff wasn’t playing well, to win the Masters at +16500. After great showings at the PGA and the US Open...I’m sure his odds will be down around +2200 or so. 

I think Rory is close as well...his game is inching back to elite. 

Can probably make some money off that now, what’s it trade for on secondary markets. Regardless their success at the Open , as I think a zinger pointed out, supports the notion that speed of the golf swing is a great indicator ofsuccess. 

10 hours ago, S&P said:

Can probably make some money off that now, what’s it trade for on secondary markets. Regardless their success at the Open , as I think a zinger pointed out, supports the notion that speed of the golf swing is a great indicator ofsuccess. 

Hmm..didn’t think about that but I’ll look into it. You have to be a good to great putter, or at least get hot, to win at Augusta. Wolff’s weakness is probably his putter but it’s gotten better so maybe I’ll let that bet ride. I’m a sucker for longshot big payouts.

• 4 weeks later...

We paid 60 bucks for 18 and a cart Yesterday. We were told when we got there it was cart path only because of the rain on Friday night.

what a joke; the cart path at this place was so limited, we would have been better off walking the whole round. The path was a destroyed mess of pavement and it ended like 100-150 yards before every green.

I don’t mind walking, but charging people a full cart fee for cart path only nonsense like that is so dumb. What a ripoff 

• 4 weeks later...

The Masters is upon us and it feels like spring outside. Conditions are ripe for scores to go real low. Let’s get after it:

JT +1200 - 20 units

Hatton +2500 - 20 units

Day +4000 - 20 units

Kokrak +8500 - 20 units

Top 10:

Munoz +5000 - 20 units

DFS lineup:

Rahm, Koepka, Day, Cam Smith, Wallace, Munoz.

Enjoy the tournament. 

41 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The Masters is upon us and it feels like spring outside. Conditions are ripe for scores to go real low. Let’s get after it:

JT +1200 - 20 units

Hatton +2500 - 20 units

Day +4000 - 20 units

Kokrak +8500 - 20 units

Top 10:

Munoz +2500 - 20 units

DFS lineup:

Rahm, Koepka, Day, Cam Smith, Wallace, Munoz.

Enjoy the tournament. 

Jon Rahm's hole in one the other was mind blowing. Can't wait for tomorrow.

9 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

If I ever get a hold in one it would probably look like that

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ha, same here. Maybe a doink off a tree or cart path. 

My lone hole in one came from a skulled shot.  I was playing poorly, skulled a shot on a 140 yard par 3 where you couldn't see the surface of the green, heard the ball slam the flagstick and found the ball in the bottom of the cup.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

My lone hole in one came from a skulled shot.  I was playing poorly, skulled a shot on a 140 yard par 3 where you couldn't see the surface of the green, heard the ball slam the flagstick and found the ball in the bottom of the cup.  

Nice. It still counts even though we’d like our first to be memorable. It’s kinda like sex...who cares how it happens and where, it still feels great.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mreaves said:

I wish I could feel excited about the Masters. Nothing feels right about anything at the moment. 

Ok. So I've had the tournament playing on my second monitor this afternoon and I'm a little more excited.  It's a beautiful course regardless of the time of year and as with most of the golf I've watched this year, I think I like it better without the galleries.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Ok. So I've had the tournament playing on my second monitor this afternoon and I'm a little more excited.  It's a beautiful course regardless of the time of year and as with most of the golf I've watched this year, I think I like it better without the galleries.

Yea. I like the no crowds as well. I think we discussed this after the restart. 

Conditions were ripe today for low scores but I think that changes as the weekend unfolds. Regardless, it can get to -20 and we still love the course and find it a true test for a major. 

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. I like the no crowds as well. I think we discussed this after the restart. 

Conditions were ripe today for low scores but I think that changes as the weekend unfolds. Regardless, it can get to -20 and we still love the course and find it a true test for a major. 

I think we have mentioned the crowd thing.  As for the course, I’ve always loved it and am enjoying seeing more of the front 9 than usual.