Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2020 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

On 8/18/2020 at 3:47 PM, Ginx snewx said:

I played there a bunch for free when they first opened, both courses. North is better. I hooked up one of our forum members with 25 dollar fees one year. It was a blast when I could play,beautiful course. That lake is filled with big bass too and there are a ton of huge snakes around 

That was me thanks again, 

have a friend up here who grew up in stonington and has an aunt who works there , who hooked us up last year

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kdxken said:

Any other hidden gems in Rhode Island or Connecticut? I found Meadowbrook from a guy I played with the Connecticut National

I play montaup in Portsmouth every week, worth a play. Left is dead on that course though. Newport national in Middletown is a great track, with new ownership you’ll pay over $100 in season, can get away under that after oct 15, it’s a great track. Richmond is ok 

15 minutes ago, S&P said:

I play montaup in Portsmouth every week, worth a play. Left is dead on that course though. Newport national in Middletown is a great track, with new ownership you’ll pay over $100 in season, can get away under that after oct 15, it’s a great track. Richmond is ok 

I'll give Montaup a go thanks for the tip!

Newport National is nice and yes I usually always play it off season

9 hours ago, kdxken said:

I'll give Montaup a go thanks for the tip!

Newport National is nice and yes I usually always play it off season

Great , it’s members before 11, but allows public play after. 

Current ownership at NN ruined it. We used to walk it during the week after 2 for $48. Now members pay a walking fee. Don’t think they allow public to walk. Course gets very little play which I think is what the current owner want. Back when you could have water on the course , he pulled all water off the course. I am told they are using styrofoam in the cups.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:52 AM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Loving the BMW. Course and conditions demanded the best from the best yesterday. Very US Open-esque. The player who has everything clicking will win it.

Be interesting to see if winner finishes below par

I like the staggered scoring format for the TC but only 5/6 games have a real shot at winning the cup. If you’re the last 30 standing, everyone should be given a chance. You’re not when you start 10 shots back before you even tee off on Friday. There has to be a better way. Maybe match play? Top 30 get in with top 2 getting a first round bye...and re-seed after each round. 

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I like the staggered scoring format for the TC but only 5/6 games have a real shot at winning the cup. If you’re the last 30 standing, everyone should be given a chance. You’re not when you start 10 shots back before you even tee off on Friday. There has to be a better way. Maybe match play? Top 30 get in with top 2 getting a first round bye...and re-seed after each round. 

That might work but match play isn’t always good for tv. Matches can end early etc. Medal play is somewhat reliable time wise. Maybe you could expand the field to 36, give the top 4 a bye and play Thursday as match play, get down to the 16 winners plus the top 4 and then play a 3 day medal play tournament. The top 4 only have to play 3 rounds and the field is smaller.