LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
40/70 Benchmark

Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

Just now, dendrite said:

Tracking downslope RH :weenie:

image.png

That 2-4 tonight and 1-2 they have for me tonight into tomorrow isn't happening is it?

1 minute ago, bobbutts said:

That 2-4 tonight and 1-2 they have for me tonight into tomorrow isn't happening is it?

It's going to be a struggle to saturate the column. If we can get some decent bands to back in we can do it, but if it sits over PSM and we have rinkydink returns there probably won't be a lot reaching the ground.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Euro correcting back West?

I'm grasping at anything at this point lol

21z Rap was a wrap 

ain’t happening James thou we hope to score a few before this shuts off around 7-8z imo 

27 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

We used to get up at six and put the radio on praying to hear our school was cancelled. Never the night before.

Yes!  Bedside clock radio FTW.  You knew the stations that would read the list every 20 minutes.  Wake up and tune in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No. She gone 

Every single piece of guidance 

HRRR, Rap, Nam, BTV WRF, Euro, Gfs, icon

has shifted WELL east since 12z :)

she gone and ain’t returning

we enjoy next several hours 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yes!  Bedside clock radio FTW.  You knew the stations that would read the list every 20 minutes.  Wake up and tune in.

Heck, we had a fire station horn that would blast 2-2-2 at 6AM if there was no school.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CT Rain said:

The people skewering us saying the storm was a bust even though they got 2" of snow and going to get some more tonight is hilarious. 

We also had a 5"-10" band within 5 miles of the Mass border in N CT that worked out well and a 10"+ in far northern Litchfield Co. Overall... from timing to amounts it worked out fine. People are just nasty and miserable. 

image.gif.c99135d8ca41679268d979413f79c37e.gif

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

What flakes! What snow! Oh the places we'll go!

It has been snowing pretty good for 6 hours and I have nothing to show for it. Temps have been in the low 30s all day. We would be looking at a few inches by now if temps were below freezing.

What a shame

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Completely?  Stopped tracking earlier this afternoon. Still trying to get a coating down here. 

No might be 1-3

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

I’ll echo Ray...no need for that. What an unpleasant start to the season for us coastal dwellers. 

That’s climo 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Heck, we had a fire station horn that would blast 2-2-2 at 6AM if there was no school.  

It's funny, was just reading this discussion, phone rings and they just cancelled school here in Andover for tomorrow (also was cancelled today).  We'll probably total over around a foot or so from the storm, but based on what's being said here, it sounds like the roads shouldn't be too bad tomorrow. 

• Like 1

OK, Question here. Normally when I pull up NWS, I can get a forecast for my ZIPcode. Tonight, when I type in the ZIP,  the page defaults to "Coastal Cumberland" instead of the ZIP, as in Coastal Cumberland County, of which we are a part. And suddenly we are looking at 9-16 inches through tomorrow afternoon, which isn't close to what I am seeing on the latest HRRR or the NAM. Never seen this NWS default before in my (admittedly) limited experience watching the weather up here in Pine Tree Land.  Is this done to save NWS time? Or because the forecasts across these contiguous ZIPS are virtually identical?  Or is this some kind of alternate met universe?

I wasn’t expecting much personally in my location - but it did end up being a disappointment when “part 2” was on the table for almost 2 days worth of modeling and then suddenly disappeared a few hours before it’s going to happen. Would rather have it just been modeled out to sea earlier on. But that’s emotion talking, not science. You have to wonder if this storm will end up being a case study for the scientists and engineers who work on the models...

2 hours ago, bobbutts said:

I’ll believe it when I’m shoveling it, or sweeping it off the steps which is more likely...or even more likely that I’m sweeping off the old snow that has blown into the steps.  This round 2 has been dead to us since the downsloping started kicking in this morning 

Surface map of our power house storm

this link shows the current location and intensity of our coastal storm, it has intensified about 4mb/hour in the last hour dropping from 987 to 983mb but is a lot further south than the models showed it intensifying.  This storm is coming much closer to CHH than modeled, the 00z NAM keeps the heavy snow potential in line with the Cape.

• Weenie 2

Models are not matching up the QPF shield coming up from the southeast about to rock CHH well.  They are hours late with this part of the low.  I think the models have been poor today in their handling of the upper level support and real center of the low.

• Haha 1