Total Members
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4
NYCweatherNOW

December 2019

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

It’s only a Miller A front end thump if the high can hold on long enough. But a more amped solution like the Euro won’t work out. A few days ago the models looked more SWFEish. But now models have a more amplified system. I agree that we need  a weaker wave to be more of a SWFE. Especially with the NAO and AO making another big positive spike. A -EPO can only do so much on its own. 

1E2D62E6-12D5-4F40-A26E-092FA3E1F66A.thumb.gif.47ca0f35c99580555d575b834b505328.gif

71F6C723-A783-47AF-91B9-1D3F89EC62EF.thumb.gif.c0e3a386c7afc414fd0ae92186ed2150.gif

I’m on record here saying I never really like a -EPO, for sig snow storms. 

As you indicated above, much of this hinges on whether we see a -NAO build around the time the shortwave is over the central conus. Not much clarity there, given the divergence of model outcomes beginning around the 10th—only time can cure this...

19 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Man, I love your weenie optimism... 

What weenie ? Look for yourself.  

This is the only forum to call another poster a weenie without looking at the runs themselves.  What's the point of discussing  weather on here ?

Amazing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 3

And before someone calls me a weenie , see Meteorologist  Webb post regarding the gefs.

Webb

I really like the way the GFS & GEFS have been trending w/ the shortwave that enters California in about 60-66 hours (going towards yesterday's weenie 12z Euro run). If we can continue to get more digging & more stream separation on future runs, I might be in business for a winter storm later next week.

3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

And before someone calls me a weenie , see Meteorologist  Webb post regarding the gefs.

Webb

I really like the way the GFS & GEFS have been trending w/ the shortwave that enters California in about 60-66 hours (going towards yesterday's weenie 12z Euro run). If we can continue to get more digging & more stream separation on future runs, I might be in business for a winter storm later next week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WXRISKCOM/status/1202484903415291904

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

This is the only forum to call another poster a weenie without looking at the runs themselves.  What's the point of discussing  weather on here ?

Amazing 

You expect people to look at models runs all by themselves?!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Amazing 

Sorry man, didn't intend that post the way you took it.  There was no sarcasm. I really do enjoy your glass half full posts.  I am the biggest weenie there is, so I have no business looking down on anyone else who might be.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SI Mailman said:

flakes here as well. 5th straight day of snow falling from the sky.

Wait a second, 5th straight day? Yesterday was sunny and clear. You saw snow yesterday?

29 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Amazing 

Oh, I definitely believe you on the models. Weenie was the wrong choice of word as it has pejorative connotations. 

Just now, White Gorilla said:

Oh, I definitely believe you on the models. Weenie was the wrong choice of word as it has pejorative connotations. 

I'm proud =)

• Like 1

Storm chance next weekend on every model

We just have to hope the cold air stays because it's going to get cold after the cutter.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

They need to remember we don't live in Siberia 

Compared to us in the five borough metro the do, in the northern environs come close. As always ....

Just now, Snow88 said:

We just have to hope the cold air stays because it's going to get cold after the cutter.

GFS and euro look completely different for next week. Definitely rain for Mon-Tue on both, followed by a possible storm for the weekend.

29 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Amazing 

you always just take the snowiest models and say "pattern looks great"   Look at all the factors-pros and cons and make realistc posts, then you won't be called a weenie...LOL 

we have not had a good pattern for a consistent snowy pattern for a couple of years now.  Cold is great, but if the storms come in b/w the cold shots, it's wasted cold...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Like your call was great for the last storm 

S19 sorta reminds me of one of his namesakes. “Knew the sun was hot that day so he said let’s run and we’ll have some fun before I melt away”. Then a disembodied voice says “cue the Moderators” and the rest Is yearly forum seasonal history. As always ...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SI Mailman said:

flakes here as well. 5th straight day of snow falling from the sky.

Glad to know it’s falling from the sky as opposed to falling from anywhere else. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The long range models going back 4 weeks showed nothing but blockiness. Cold should be entrenched eventually.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

I'm proud =)

As you should be. It’s better to be A Big Weenie than a small one. At my age and location on the circle I’d settle for having any. As always ....

• Haha 1