Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Here comes winter -- October 28-November 1 Snowstorm Potential

Hoosier

2 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

lake rise has been wild, amazing how little it takes to cause flooding/erosion issues at these levels

I have seen articles about houses that used to be 180' from the lake now have less than 10' of yard before Lake Michigan consumes their property.  Crazy how much erosion has occurred in places over the last few years.

• Sad 1

Just now, WestMichigan said:

I have seen articles about houses that used to be 180' from the lake now have less than 10' of yard before Lake Michigan consumes their property.  Crazy how much erosion has occurred in places over the last few years.

Central Beach along the Indiana Lakeshore has all but disappeared this last decade.  You can maybe fit a towel and a cooler on the beach, maybe.

1 hour ago, King James said:

Sitting in momence still spitting rain with some flakes.  weather.gov also showing plain rain.  Don't know what to tell you

If weather.gov says it, it must be true then! :lol: That’s from IKK, which reports rain half the time it’s snowing. It’s junk. Anyways, must be one hell of a rain/snow line in this county. Grass and elevated surfaces are accumulating here now. Maybe some flood warnings for Momence? :D

3 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

If weather.gov says it, it must be true then! :lol: That’s from IKK, which reports rain half the time it’s snowing. It’s junk. Anyways, must be one hell of a rain/snow line in this county. Grass and elevated surfaces are accumulating here now. Maybe some flood warnings for Momence? :D

Or you could just take my observation too? ?

Guest ovweather
1 minute ago, Stebo said:

I am kind of disappointed in the lack of photography in this thread with things going to pound town. 

Yes, those of us outside of the affected areas would love to see snow photos, especially with autumn colors still on display. And maybe some Halloween pumpkins / decorations covered in snow.