Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2019

George BM

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

Well, it was a good run for the Nats... hope Scherzer neck is okay.  Sucks to see the Astros win it all again barring a gem from Strasburg in Game 6 Tuesday night in Houston as the bats have gone ice cold after Game 2

While I'm an Orioles fan...still rootin' for the Nats to pull it out. Don't phone it in yet! (After yesterday, this one has smelled like a Game 7 for me!) And besides...they played better in Houston, lol

27 minutes ago, H2O said:

Saw the Founders KBS at Total Wine.  $23????????????????????????  Damn.  Hard pass.

Always been "high cost," but as C.A.P.E. says, that's not a bad price for the style.

23 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

6 bucks a beer for a high gravity bourbon barrel aged stout is a bargain!

Agreed, but KBS is now just an OK beer. Too many other great ones to choose from nowadays, so I'll likely pass on it, too.

You or @nw baltimore wx (or @Scraff?) interested in going in on the Aslin Barrel Select program? Should only be 8-10k for a barrel...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I was disappointed with KBS.  Good beer, but not nearly as good as the price point would suggest.

I saw it on the shelves more in the last year than I ever have. Maybe the grandeur of it is running out.

Yeah its not the big deal it used to be. The local stores around here have constantly had it on the shelves for the last year.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I was disappointed with KBS.  Good beer, but not nearly as good as the price point would suggest.

I saw it on the shelves more in the last year than I ever have. Maybe the grandeur of it is running out.

That's a big part of it. That, and the fact that there's just more product available.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Rule for the winter, even more than usual, is to pay very little attention to the gfs past D7.

Except in this case all 3 major globals had the same h5  look for the same time frame, and it matched the CanSIPS fall progression before it suddenly got reprogrammed.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah its not the big deal it used to be. The local stores around here have constantly had it on the shelves for the last year.

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

That's a big part of it. That, and the fact that there's just more product available.

I found a local one that was selling their stuff Saturday that I fell in love with.  Its an english style pale ale.  

https://www.oldbusthead.com/bust-head-english-style-pale-ale

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:
I'm putting up $20 that first flakes fall outside the beltways by November 10th . Ensembles getting colder and colder. Eps showing some long range trace amounts on some members. Book it :D I'll take a 2018 November redux to kick off this winter 

I guess weeklies were very cold for November? November 10 would be pretty early, but maybe possible. 

8 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm heading into back surgery tomorrow so if someone can keep an eye on the bipolar swings in the winter thread until I get back would be appreciated. As I read it this morning things are looking good 

Things always look good this time of year. The glass is half full. The swings come from those who hang onto every post/discussion on the key indices and the advertised LR pattern. That is all objective stuff and some speculation mixed in. There are always those who will exhibit early signs of panic because they get overemotional or lack understanding. Panic room open for business yet?

I hope all turns out well with your back surgery. :hurrbear:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, mattie g said:

I used to chase down things like KBS, Hop Slam, etc, but now could care less about those types of beers. They literally collect dust on shelves these days. Plenty of amazing beers brewed locally that I would drink beforehand. That said,  when I do want to chase down out of state beers, I’d much rather be sprinting down the amazing liquids that Other Half or Equilibrium are kicking out. Such beautifully made beers  (if you like pillowy soft NEIPA’s). Pretty limited to where you can grab it in MD (Downtown Crown in MoCo and Wine Source in Baltimore), but it is 100% worth it.

Anyway—who is opening the storm thread for the threat in day 14-15? :lol:

2 hours ago, Scraff said:

I used to chase down things like KBS, Hop Slam, etc, but now could care less about those types of beers. They literally collect dust on shelves these days. Plenty of amazing beers brewed locally that I would drink beforehand. That said,  when I do want to chase down out of state beers, I’d much rather be sprinting down the amazing liquids that Other Half or Equilibrium are kicking out. Such beautifully made beers  (if you like pillowy soft NEIPA’s). Pretty limited to where you can grab it in MD (Downtown Crown in MoCo and Wine Source in Baltimore), but it is 100% worth it.

Anyway—who is opening the storm thread for the threat in day 14-15? :lol:

OH is so good. Buddy of mine was working in New York regularly for about six months earlier this year and would stop by to grab cans before heading home at the end of the week. Always nice to have a fresh supply of beers like that. We've also been picking up OH at DTC if we're able to make the trek. They (and EQ) occasionally drop in Fairfax County, too, but the supply is super limited and the price is generally pretty high.

Buddies and I are putting together a group of guys to go in on a barrel via Aslin's Barrel Select project. Would be pretty sweet if we can make it work...

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic