• Member Statistics

    15,844
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
Jtm12180

Hurricane Dorian Banter Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, hazwoper said:

you're gonna let him spew his nonsense here?  guy constantly comes on here with no formal background in the sciences and he can post such dribble?

in banter? yes, of course. rather here than the main thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hazwoper said:

you're gonna let him spew his nonsense here?  guy constantly comes on here with no formal background in the sciences and he can post such dribble?

board is boring without the SENC's of the world. if you want info the nhc website can get you some.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hazwoper said:

carry on....  :)

hey, make sure when you call someone a dick, you do it here too. its nice to be able to see how these things play out but doing so in the main thread means someone has to clean it up, etc etc. 

think of the rest of us ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SENC said:

TY,,  @Mappy & @H20..

I would respond to hazwoper, though it would be uncalled for & un-civilized,,  in My response.. ;) 

oh no, you're thoughts are pretty out there and no one agrees with you. but putting them in banter means they won't be removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mappy said:

hey, make sure when you call someone a dick, you do it here too. its nice to be able to see how these things play out but doing so in the main thread means someone has to clean it up, etc etc. 

think of the rest of us ;) 

ha...never called anyone a dick...a dope...yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

ha...never called anyone a dick...a dope...yes

nah, last week you called kush a dick in the main thread. i had to hide it.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the ghost of leroy said:

i was probably being a dick

you were, but my point was, he should have called you that here... so others could chime in, NOT in the main thread because it gets removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the ghost of leroy said:

that's because drunk on power mid atlantic black ops mods hate NYC/NJ posters

dont forget it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

This is where all the Mid Atlantic posters come to p*ss on every one. It's like the Mid Atlantic forum but expanded! 

true.  is there anything worse than to see mappy, h20, and yoda herpa derping all the threads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

true.  is there anything worse than to see mappy, h20, and yoda herpa derping all the threads?

Living in the Mid Atlantic lol

(I don't have any issue at all with mostly everyone you just tagged. ;))

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

This is where all the Mid Atlantic posters come to p*ss on every one. It's like the Mid Atlantic forum but expanded! 

Well we do get more snow....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

true.  is there anything worse than to see mappy, h20, and yoda herpa derping all the threads?

dont mind Jay, he's just pissed that he came to the mid-atlantic and wasn't welcomed. and then, i think had to leave the college he was attending for reasons, so he moved away. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mappy said:

dont mind Jay, he's just pissed that he came to the mid-atlantic and wasn't welcomed. and then, i think had to leave the college he was attending for reasons, so he moved away. 

tenor.gif?itemid=14629416

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the ghost of leroy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14629416

nah, wasn't like that. we do welcome new people all the time. sbos was already at a disadvantage, coming from new england, and waltzed in like he owned the forum. 

not sure what happened and why he left. hope he finished up school okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

There's really only about a small minority (including yourself) that are generally abrasive, unhappy, and miserable. Just overall not very kind people, who tend to look for reasons to pick people apart instead of help them learn a new area and microclimate. There's something to be send toward your natural inclination to rip everyone apart and have an attitude. I was just a college kid looking to post about weather at age 21. 

I had several people personally message me, from your forum, apologizing for the clown show behavior that you and a few others promote. 

It's a very good sub forum, it's a shame some others ruin it for newcomers or people that aren't apart of your 'clique'. I'm not sure why it's allowed or the 'cool' thing to do, but you do you.

It's a weather hobby bulletin board. Lighten up.

 

We used to call it “the hive”

not sure what the main clique is called now

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

that's because drunk on power mid atlantic black ops mods hate NYC/NJ posters

Nope, lets get it right.  EVERYONE hates (non red-tag) NYC/NJ tropical posters. (love you guys in the winter though, kind of funny to watch the freakouts)  Evidently people in the Bahamas have nothing on "Sandy Survivors".  Give it up people.  Sandy, by comparison, was a little coastal flooding combined with a few EF-1 tornadoes for localized heavy damage.  Most of an island was just wiped off the map by Dorian.  No equals here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mappy said:

nah, wasn't like that. we do welcome new people all the time. sbos was already at a disadvantage, coming from new england, and waltzed in like he owned the forum

not sure what happened and why he left. hope he finished up school okay. 

Yes- I transferred to a private college up this way. Graduated, etc.

On the other note, I was a 20 year old college kid that had half the weather knowledge I do now. I was posting because I was trying to be friendly, make new friends. I have just went SNE to NNE and people loved just having another member. Some people seemed to take it personally that I had the gall to post about Mid Atlantic weather. Don't really get it. I don't get the need to be angry all the time. If it was really just because you guys dislike SNE, I guess I can understand that? I don't get the hate?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

We used to call it “the hive”

not sure what the main clique is called now

Someone didn't like the post you quoted, barely lasted a minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With that, I bid adieu, that was literally 8 years ago.

I am in the middle of a moving process and pulled my back out so I'm being whiney and naturally angry myself.

I'm being abrasive, the same exact thing I'm complaining about. I will see myself to the door.

I wish my mid atlantic friends only the very best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SENC said:

Yes, It was Me, I'm guilty..

I STILL maintain Michael was at MOST a Cat 3..

Same with Dorian..

NOP 180+ mph Winds either..

I watched enough (LIVE) video TO KNOW I was looking at Cat2 or 3 Winds..

IN ADDITION to the very MANY Canes I've lived and experienced..

 

Marsh Harbor, Bahamas experienced STORM Surge causing MOST of the Damage.. 

The picture posted in the main thread, Looks, in MY experienced observations are from poorly construct SHACKS.. Noticed *well built* building(s) survived, with little to NO Damage, re: roofs are still intact..

Just My experienced opinion.. 

180+MPH wind(s) you would have a SAND BAR left behind, Palm tress that are just Trunks, (No palm fronds attached).. 

If Dorian was "truly" a Cat 5.. Marsh Harbor would look like this..  

Sand-bars-in-Philippines.jpg

Well it does look like that and the Palm leaves that did not get blown off were  likely under water 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Yes- I transferred to a private college up this way. Graduated, etc.

On the other note, I was a 20 year old college kid that had half the weather knowledge I do now. I was posting because I was trying to be friendly, make new friends. I have just went SNE to NNE and people loved just having another member. Some people seemed to take it personally that I had the gall to post about Mid Atlantic weather. Don't really get it. I don't get the need to be angry all the time. If it was really just because you guys dislike SNE, I guess I can understand that? I don't get the hate?

aren’t you the jerk who said that if you saw me on the street you’d punch me in the face? or was that some other loser?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.