Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

23 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Heat in the morning, AC in the afternoon?

That's been the rule lately... seat warmers on driving to work in the AM from the fake cold at night, then AC on the drive home from work.

But today was just cold, rotting in 50s most of the time despite a brief high of 63F.  Up on the mountain it was in the 40s and low-50s.  But man the foliage is just plowing along.  We'll be at peak color soon on the hill. 

I saw a photo of mine from last year at this time with almost NO color.... just full green.  I guess that's the difference between a +3 September and a -1 September.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

My wife wants to turn the heat on.  It was chilly up here but Tuesday has always looked like cyclonic flow NNE autumn since late last week.

I refuse to turn the heat on 24 hours after dews were higher than this afternoon's temperatures.

Yeah it looked like an orographic cold look there with cyclonic flow. The 18z gfs is one for the picnic tables. :lol: 

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's been the rule lately... seat warmers on driving to work in the AM from the fake cold at night, then AC on the drive home from work.

But today was just cold, rotting in 50s most of the time despite a brief high of 63F.  Up on the mountain it was in the 40s and low-50s.  But man the foliage is just plowing along.  We'll be at peak color soon on the hill. 

I saw a photo of mine from last year at this time with almost NO color.... just full green.  I guess that's the difference between a +3 September and a -1 September.

Ya We are ahead of schedule in color . No Question at all. At least down to Manchester NH 

Plenty of precip early summer 

Lots or sunshine mid August till now

lpts of low dews and temps falling fast right after sunset from mid August to early September inland . 

i snapped a few in New Boston 400’ Today and they are about 10 days ahead of schedule 

F8E16A9E-BC66-4AB8-BB95-22838D3C81C6.jpeg

• Like 1

Theres a new county in CT! Windsor County. So embarrassing for BOX

The HREF ensemble and the NAM-based
visibility guidance show pretty good spatial consistency in
showing an area of mist under the radiation inversion across
Tolland/Windsor Counties in CT eastward across northern/central
RI and towards SE MA after 06z, in an area of light to calm
winds. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Theres a new county in CT! Windsor County. So embarrassing for BOX

The HREF ensemble and the NAM-based
visibility guidance show pretty good spatial consistency in
showing an area of mist under the radiation inversion across
Tolland/Windsor Counties in CT eastward across northern/central
RI and towards SE MA after 06z, in an area of light to calm
winds. 

Folks in Massachusetts kno a few things about Connecticut. 

We Know Hartford and understand we don’t want to be there after dark 

We know or we believe there is a nice area way down by NYC ...Fairfield or something that seems like it would be a lovely place to visit but we don’t 

Besides that we know you don’t root for Sox or Pats and your sort of an after thought 

Box Concurs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We know or we believe there is a nice area way down by NYC ...Fairfield or something that seems like it would be a lovely place to visit but we don’t 

Besides that we know you don’t root for Sox or Pats and your sort of an after thought 

Box Concurs

How can a govt agency that is paid to know every little geographic idiosyncrasy and Climo for their forecast agency not know the name of the county that contains the capital city of the state ? We get they pay little attn to CT , but come on.

33 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Box Concurs

They also know the Blue is in Tolland.

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Box Concurs

Northeastern half of CT favors Sox/Pats. SW CT , especially lower Fairfield county definitely has a NYC vibe and the sports team allegiance is pretty divided with SW favoring NYC teams and NE favoring Boston teams.   Having lived in both CT/MA I would say significant portions of CT have the classic "New England" charm and appeal that can be overlooked.  

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man what a furnace next week. Front bisects New England so it may be something like 40s and Tamarack talking about chopping wood for a fire, and Ginxy hairy belly surfing in Westerly RI.

We know the Euro ridge bias, take um down 10. Me belly aint hairy but you should come body surfing its kind of scary 

20190920_114350.jpg