• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 General Discussion

Hoosier

Nice day today after the drizzle moved out.  Finally a P&C forecast with less than 30 to 40% chance of rain over the next 7 days (still 20%) and more seasonable temps (not like I'm complaining lol).  Seen this forecast before over the last month only to get that pesky boundary to set back up.  Hopefully more of a summer pattern setting in minus the humidity.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:22 PM, Hoosier said:

Getting to be late for Chicago to not have recorded a high of 85+ yet.  The record latest is July 3 back in 1935.  I don't think that record will be broken but let's see how many more days it will take. 

First 85+ high:

June 19:  1893, 1924, 1997, 2009

June 22:  1882

June 23:  1884

June 30:  1878

July 2:  1883

July 3:  1935

Might not make it today but the lack of 85s is on its last legs.  Should run off a number of them pretty soon.

On 6/2/2019 at 12:20 PM, Spartman said:

June is probably going to be a write-off. With the highest temperature of the year so far at 88 degrees just over a week ago (May 25th), it's going to take until at least next month to try to exceed it.

6 hours ago, Spartman said:

89'd today at DAY, highest temperature so far this year. Have a feeling it may be the highest it's going to get for this June.

I think you'll hit 90 today.

Some pretty intense moisture convergence in southeast IA this evening.  Washington with a dew of 81, and -35 at Fairfield.  Fairfield reporting a relative humidity of 1%.

Needless to say both of these sensors have crapped the bed and will hopefully get some attention soon.  Washington's dew has been way erroneous for over a month and nothing has been done yet.

24qmwrc.png

8 hours ago, NegativeEPO said:

LOL at ORD, every surrounding ASOS in the area today hit 90+ then there’s ORD at 89 :lmao:

IDK what’s up with the sensor at ORD, but it has some kind of weird cold bias.

:arrowhead:

This came up before.  It seems more likely that PWK, MDW, and other nearby areas have a warm bias (or are simply located in an extreme UHI urban jungle near a concrete tarmac)...as opposed to ORD having a cold bias. More evidence is when ORD only hit -23 during the late-January 2019 arctic outbreak, when many other nearby areas were -25 to -30.

I'm in SW Lake County and hit 89 yesterday, just like ORD.

Morning line of storms diving south through Iowa just crapped out as it approached Cedar Rapids.  It's a pretty classic scenario in which the western part of the line remains strong and back-builds into the instability while the eastern part gusts out.  It just hasn't been our month, getting missed in every direction.  We may finish June nearly 2 inches below avg.  Rochester, MN just got nearly 5 inches of rain overnight.  I've received 3 inches all month.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Morning line of storms diving south through Iowa just crapped out as it approached Cedar Rapids.  It's a pretty classic scenario in which the western part of the line remains strong and back-builds while the eastern part gusts out.  It just hasn't been our month, getting missed in every direction.  We may finish June nearly 2 inches below avg.  Rochester, MN just got nearly 5 inches of rain overnight.  I've received 3 inches all month.

Drinking coffee and radar watching, it really did, sorry man.  Looks impressive out in other parts of IA.  Wondering if that line is going to get going west of Rockford to Mount Carroll