Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, thrilling. :axe:

Yeah sounds troughy and chilly :lol:Tip’s right.. any mention of summer heat and folks look for cold outcomes 

Given the above, expect highs to reach well into the 80s to perhaps
near 90 at times Wednesday through Friday.  Dewpoints will probably
be in the 60s much of the time, so there should be some humidity at
times too.  As we mentioned in the previous paragraph, perhaps we
cool down a bit by next weekend

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah sounds troughy and chilly :lol:Tip’s right.. any mention of summer heat and folks look for cold outcomes 

3 days of 80s and back to trough. Hopefully the cooling centers are open. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don't know that I'd call upper 80s "hot" in summer.  Isn't that pretty typical? 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

3 days of 80s and back to trough. Hopefully the cooling centers are open. 

1 minute ago, MetHerb said:

I don't know that I'd call upper 80s "hot" in summer.  Isn't that pretty typical? 

Well 90/67 for a few days next week may not be excessive heat, but it will certainly feel hot given the lack of heat so far 

1 hour ago, MetHerb said:

Mm... there are two schools to this ... one is subjective, the other is objective ... You're 'typical' question here smacks a bit as though those two are being conflated..

88 is in fact hot to me.  Is it hot to Joe?  I  dunno - maybe.  Maybe he doesn't find that so bad, and would be less inclined to categorize in the ranks of a hot summer day ...and on and so on. Same for Margaret, Sarah, Bill and Kevin... Half these people 'feel' as though that is hot... When one feels hot they're not likely to 'think' it is a typical of summer - necessarily - but a rather hot summer day.  We can ask if 88 "hot" is typical of summer?  Sure, but typical of summer and hot to sensation are separate phenomenon.

You see?  We can't really ask if upper 80s is "hot" and typical of summer in the same context  ... 

9 hours ago, mreaves said:

What are you doing posting this picture?!  You’ll make Tip mad!

:)

I like acknowledgement of unusual weather phenomenon.. In fact, I find it endearing.  It demonstrates there are still people who are capable of appreciating natural wonders.

That's not what is happening when we field cryo-escapism here.

What I don't like is people denying their borderline negative ( S.A.D.) using New England's sub-forum to offset and council themselves out of their own anguish, whenever they have to accept that our geographical region has plausible warm-up in the summer. 

It doesn't make it any better - frankly - that there are others doing cogency a huge disservice by exaggerating the scale and degree going the other direction, but that's an entirely different agenda...

I/we should have better things to do than to serve as unwitting therapists.  And there really is a pattern to that behavior - the frequency of those compensatory ... forced insertion of snow/cold content does spike whenever machine and/or man interprets a warm up here.  That is an effect that has a cause?  Now...being of normal sentience ...a person might just observe that phenomenon and be so inclined to wonder, gee - why does a warm episode seem to trigger a snow gawk session?  One that really doesn't belong in New England's sub-forum ;) because it is happening ..thousands of miles away.

If someone wants to start a thread that is specifically devoted to discussion of cold weather phenomenon ... than by all mean!  Go there and dump Steamboat Colorado wonder and awe ( and jealousy) ...there, and those that share in that fixation, you can all have a day in celebration. 

This site lost moderating standardization and/or purposefully relaxed/altered it when it become a site attempting to make money... I understand that.  To make money, on the web, you need mouse clicks... and we're not going register as many if they're are forced into courtesy and respect limitations per their involvement - the latter torpedoes the former.   For that ... it is what it is.. but, it should still be useful to mention it.  And also... fun to piss people off by forcing them to see how they are reflecting - haha

Anyway ... despite Kevin's exuberance regarding heat ... I actually found the 00z suite a bit of a distraction.

Seemed subtleties in the complexion of the charts were better performed in that regard, on the previous 12z cycle.  This run of 00z Euro, for example, has more 'sag' in that weird ridge dent its been resting over top of the OH Valley D4-6 than the prior two runs. It had that oddity on those, but it was trending to flatten it incrementally. ( Apparent ) short duration trend, because last night's depiction reversed that and sagged it even more than it ever had. And, as is typically the case with the Euro, whenever it flips the page from D6 to 7 it uses whatever reason or blip in the stream it can find hangin' around in that general domain space to carve out a deep trough along the NE Coast. 

That latter phenomenon is, imho and observation, the sole reason why there are often wintertime day-8 phantom bombs in this model...  In the summertime, if there is ever going to be a heat wave in New England again...the Euro might not be the best tool to ferret a marginal one out of the charts for D6-10 because when it goes out of its way to use a cumulus cloud over Lake Superior to ablate the ridge/heat and tamp it S of NYC, we don't have the latitude ( pun ) to play around with that sensitivity.  

Which there is a hidden homage there pertaining to the tedium in giving a shit whether it's 86 or 90 in the first place so ugh -