Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

We're lucky though...

We hop-scotched or way around nocturnal lightning ...which had more intrinsic entertainment value than anything else.  Otherwise, it's been top 10'ish by days for air quality, sky, wind and temperatures ... including today. 

Three days worth.   

We live in New England ... before July ... what part of our climate makes us ever think we're owed that.  If folks want to grouse about the mid week stuff... heh... They probably just need to grouse -

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’ve been beating the non summer drum but they don’t listen. They can’t comprehend how to remove their fetishes and look at atmosphere objectively. We are thankful for those can.

Who thinks it’s ever summer in May in New England?   Post mid June generally-around Father’s Day and beyond for 10 weeks.  Conversely, reliable winter from the solstice to the spring equinox.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’ve been beating the non summer drum but they don’t listen. They can’t comprehend how to remove their fetishes and look at atmosphere objectively. We are thankful for those can.

For the most part it is just 2 individuals. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Who thinks it’s ever summer in May in New England?   Post mid June generally-around Father’s Day and beyond for 10 weeks.  Conversely, reliable winter from the solstice to the spring equinox.

Well someone thinks summer begins in April. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It's not an unwise approach if ever folks' can set their expectations ...  It's always a dust off around here ... or "dry off" ... touch-and-go game of dodging shit from April 1 to until mid ...late June...  If it breaks awesome early and stays that way ... ?  That's exceedingly rare.   Climatology alone -

By the way ... low level fog bank/strata surging west across the outer harbor toward land.  Also, shallow CU starting to move slightly west over Logan ...  If you're warm on the shore side of I-95 ... you're hours are a commodity.  It may even penetrate as far west of 495 for that matter toward mid/late afternoon. 

loops this... time sensy but I'm curious how the shallow shore region CU respond to this clear evidence of BD rushing toward land... and also if that's really indicative of 'boundary' or what that is... That's a clear westward thrust of chilly marine/polar hybrid air though -

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-Rhode_Island-02-24-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

35 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

12Z GFS  An inch of rain tomorrow and temperatures in the low 40's up here.  At least Memorial Day was nice

Sooo excited for cooler weather :) I got my pool open but already looking forward to closing it.. I honestly  hate Summer unless we get a good storm or hurricane  coming  up the coast... which is rare!

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Sooo excited for cooler weather :) I got my pool open but already looking forward to closing it.. I honestly  hate Summer unless we get a good storm or hurricane  coming  up the coast... which is rare!

I will not light my wood burning stove.... I will not light my wood burning stove.  Guess it could be worse.  Yesterday was the 8th anniversary of my 3.1" thundersnow.  3" in about 90 minutes with frequent lightning and thunder

• Like 1