• Member Statistics

    15,757
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12
    Joined
SENC

General Severe Weather

Recommended Posts

The storm in Forsyth county seems to be getting its act together. That storm that moved from Rockingham county to Caswell County is still dropping hail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Hope not.  I am under it as we speak! 

Yeah I have a pretty good view from here. It's definitely rotating.

Screenshot_20190531-164323.png

Screenshot_20190531-164949.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am in Brown Summit currently. I'll give any updates or pictures if need be. That cell looks nasty rolling near PTI currently. Time to prepare lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hickory said:

Am in Brown Summit currently. I'll give any updates or pictures if need be. That cell looks nasty rolling near PTI currently. Time to prepare lol.

For sure. The hail marker is up to 2.25" for that storm as well.

That storm is like 75 dBZ just WNW of Greensboro. I'd imagine there will be a lot of storm reports rolling in soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hickory said:

Just got a Tornado warning announcement from phone for the cell in downtown Greensboro currently.

Odd timing on that the storm is much weaker than it was 20-30 minutes ago. Another warning now for the storm near Concord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Solak said:

That escalated quickly from 6:20 until now. Had some 1/2" hail, and over 1.50" rain and counting.

Bad for the hail, great for the rain. I feel lucky to have the .09" from the first band. Really hoping for a little more with the second band.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Maybe a CC drop with that tornado warning west of Grifton for several frames....

 

 

It's a shame that area is sort of in no-mans-land... equidistant, and too far from all 3 relevant radar sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

And once again the storms are less severe here when we're under a watch versus when we aren't.

All depends on what your idea of severe is, I guess.

today_filtered.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

And once again the storms are less severe here when we're under a watch versus when we aren't.

I went through 4 big storms today. One in Raleigh at chuy's in north hills was decent other 2 had fantastic structure and the big hailer at my house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

Still less severe  compared to other storms we have had here the past few years when not under a watch.

Again it depends on where you are plenty of severe weather all over North Carolina today, easily verified the enhanced risk....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, downeastnc said:

Again it depends on where you are plenty of severe weather all over North Carolina today, easily verified the enhanced risk....

I am talking specifically for Wake and what I have experienced. We have more severe storms when we are not under a watch than when we are the past few years for some reason. I am talking about comparing the severity of the storms, like when we had tornadoes earlier this month without any watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Those are truly beautiful, eyewall!  Thanks so much for sharing.  Number 2 is my favorite, and then number 3.

I just made that second picture my desktop background.  It's beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calculus1 said:

^Those are truly beautiful, eyewall!  Thanks so much for sharing.  Number 2 is my favorite, and then number 3.

I just made that second picture my desktop background.  It's beautiful!

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 8:46 PM, eyewall said:

Thank you!

So many of the storms had great structure on them. Right before my hailstorm I took a shot of a nice lowering and classic supercell look. You can see the rain and hail core just to the right of the lowering. Nowhere near as awesome as your pics but another example of the structures that day.

 

20190531_220620.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaggy said:

So many of the storms had great structure on them. Right before my hailstorm I took a shot of a nice lowering and classic supercell look. You can see the rain and hail core just to the right of the lowering. Nowhere near as awesome as your pics but another example of the structures that day.

 

20190531_220620.jpg

Scoring a wall cloud is always good :)

 

Anyway here are a few more:
62016936_10106250260464839_3947270301611

61638180_10106250262211339_4880410006035

61597777_10106250262505749_2096042438148

62254166_10106250261926909_3696146763564

62227983_10106250262356049_9941924583781

61829690_10106250262630499_1406835087768

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.