• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Perhaps a Coastal Storm on March 2nd for SNE????

USCAPEWEATHERAF

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Really?? Wow.  I am sorry it came out like that, but you would understand if your winter was close to as bad as mine.

It's the Cape man. It's just not a snowy climate compared to the rest of SNE. Now I'm not saying you're not going to possibly jack on this one but I wouldn't exactly be surprised if it rains at some point on the Cape either

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

I don't believe that 32°F thermal line is going out to ORH, no matter what the GFS says.

Agreed...it's classic GFS at the sfc. 900-925mb is like -5C (other models are even a bit colder)....that's gonna be like 26-27F over a place like ORH with dry snow....might be close to 32F though in SE areas like PYM over to EWB. They'll have to watch very closely for a power-threatening paste bomb.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Agreed...it's classic GFS at the sfc. 900-925mb is like -5C (other models are even a bit colder)....that's gonna be like 26-27F over a place like ORH with dry snow....might be close to 32F though in SE areas like PYM over to EWB. They'll have to watch very closely for a power-threatening paste bomb.

congrats man...hopefully it bombs so the storm sunday helps DC lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah could easily turn into a paster for places like GON/WST/UUU too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GFS def. toned down a bit from 18z...not sure what folks are looking at....not a huge deal, but noticeable. 

It looks better organized to me, and not that different in terms of QPF.  If anything it's better, surely?

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Wxbell snow map.

Flagged 10 yards for looking at only the clown map before checking other panels....it's prob punishing your area and the CP because it did make the sfc 33-34F in a lot of spots instead of 32F...the snow algorithm will punish that, but it's hogwash.

Flagged 10 yards for looking at only the clown map before checking other panels....it's prob punishing your area and the CP because it did make the sfc 33-34F in a lot of spots instead of 32F...the snow algorithm will punish that, but it's hogwash.

I look at them when a need a quick update...its gives an idea of trends.

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah could easily turn into a paster for places like GON/WST/UUU too

That could be one of the big worries in this one...it could be somewhat like March 7-8 over the interior last year which was a disaster....only this time, it looks like the danger zone is closer to the coast.

That could be one of the big worries in this one...it could be somewhat like March 7-8 over the interior last year which was a disaster....only this time, it looks like the danger zone is closer to the coast.

I would love to get paste....hopefully I can at least sniff 30.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I know what happened....it went south with the second event.

Sorry...I looked at cumulative total map

Ok that makes a more sense...00z GFS was slightly warmer at the sfc because it was stronger/closer to coast, but I don't think it would be enough to make a huge difference in the clown maps. Yeah Monday's storm nearly whiffed us on this run.

Ok that makes a more sense...00z GFS was slightly warmer at the sfc because it was stronger/closer to coast, but I don't think it would be enough to make a huge difference in the clown maps. Yeah Monday's storm nearly whiffed us on this run.

Not a huge fan of the latitudinal gradient showing up...is this getting kicked east?

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not a huge fan of the latitudinal gradient showing up...is this getting kicked east?

Yeah it tries to get a kick east at the last second....but I wouldn't worry about that yet. You actually may end up on a great deform spot if it works out well, so the kick east could help if it's timed right.