• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Midweek event, Yah or Nah? February 27-28th Clipper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

Ha. Two things. I could see the OES stuff more cape Ann and cstl pym county as the CF may be pinned there. Also. Might get some leftover flurries or very light snows into tomorrow night where that CF wavers. While it could be more. I’m just going to hope for 3-4 and be happy with that. Still some questions to where the banding sets up. Some guidance looks better just north of pike. 

8 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Written from basement on a hill in Weymouth

StormTotalSnowWeb.thumb.png.e3067d0c2f2b44e78d7c343aec059728.png

20 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I may just stick with this. Knowing this winter, ne MA will under achieve, anyway...focus on high end of range north, and low end south.

I like the map wxsniss....basically like rays map (which I liked last night) except nudged north a little to account for the trend in guidance today. 

This should be a nice little event to track...snowgrowth should be excellent once the deeper lift gets in here later this evening so it will be a picturesque snow to watch fall...and it's an all snow event, lol...we've had so much crap mixed events this year that we're appreciating the all snow events we typically take for granted in a good winter. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I may just stick with this. Knowing this winter, ne MA will under achieve, anyway...focus om high end of range north, and low end south.

That's a good map Ray

I gave a little more weight to the 15:1 ratios pike to NMA, as well as some mesos showing decent fronto in that region. For that reason also extended 2-4 way into CNE. But I think that will really come down to Nowcast at this point.

I also gave a little more weight to the SE coastal areas where 12k NAM / Euro / RGEM / HRRR all variably hint at better qpf.

Area I'm more unsure of is northern half of CT, where some of the more northern mesos are kind of dry, but I think 2-4" is good.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I like the map wxsniss....basically like rays map (which I liked last night) except nudged north a little to account for the trend in guidance today. 

This should be a nice little event to track...snowgrowth should be excellent once the deeper lift gets in here later this evening so it will be a picturesque snow to watch fall...and it's an all snow event, lol...we've had so much crap mixed events this year that we're appreciating the all snow events we typically take for granted in a good winter. 

A winter like this sucks in real time, but it will pay dividends in future seasons...we need to be humbled and have expectations recalibrated every so often. I know that I needed both.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I could see 6" + from HYA eastward to Provincetown.  NWS Taunton SNOW PROB map shows 19% for 8"+ for CHH.

Just now, wxsniss said:

That's a good map Ray

I gave a little more weight to the 15:1 ratios pike to NMA, as well as some mesos showing decent fronto in that region. For that reason also extended 2-4 way into CNE. But I think that will really come down to Nowcast at this point.

I also gave a little more weight to the SE coastal areas where 12k NAM / Euro / RGEM / HRRR all variably hint at better qpf.

Area I'm more unsure of is northern half of CT, where some of the more northern mesos are kind of dry, but I think 2-4" is good.

I made that map last night. I'm just going to roll with it, though...@#$& it-

Just now, BombsAway1288 said:

That's actually not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. You've toned down nicely

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I could see 6" + from HYA eastward to Provincetown.  NWS Taunton SNOW PROB map shows 19% for 8"+ for CHH.

Nevermind :facepalm:

Lay off the 8" numbers James. Moving way too fast for that.

6" is most imo

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

A winter like this sucks in real time, but it will pay dividends in future seasons...we need to be humbled and have expectations recalibrated every so often. I know that I needed both.

Yeah nice little exercises to learn and refine skills. At best, some mistakes can be generalizable lessons. At worst, I'm wasting time putzing around with new paint programs. Let's not lose sight of the fact we're attempting to nail down 1-2 inch resolution in this event, for which there is not perfect consensus among the better models at the moment. Not the 12-20" deep plays of yore.

2 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Maybe down there in Hamden, CT.   Not here.

Going to be one of the best "storms" we've had on the Mass coastal plain this season!

Yes, I'm primarily referring to expected conditions in KHTH. (I realize that's Hawthorne NV, but this winter my hood might as well be.) Good luck up there. 

The really hi res stuff has been a little drier than the other guidance...I'm talking HRRR/RAP/hi res RGEM/3km NAM/RPM solutions. Not a huge difference but like 0.2-0.3 qpf versus 0.25-0.40 type solutions in that 30 mile wide zone of best forcing. 

Isn’t it never a good sign when you have the s/w tracking NW to SE to your north (this would apply for CT as that’s what’s happening). Also, looking at the ULJ configuration seems like we’re in RFQ so more in the way of ulvl convergence possibly? The NAM 700 VV’s really hit at some subsidence zones here. Although it’s interesting how they’re always oriented N to S