• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

I'll wait until the 00z EPS but if that of all things is going to make a big move to the Euro OP instead of the other way around like it normally is then I give up on this winter. The thing (EPS) finally shows a nice coastal and is considered the best guidance with this lead time and it's caving to the OP. We'll see obviously but starting to get a bad feeling for Monday

17 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I'll wait until the 00z EPS but if that of all things is going to make a big move to the Euro OP instead of the other way around like it normally is then I give up on this winter. The thing (EPS) finally shows a nice coastal and is considered the best guidance with this lead time and it's caving to the OP. We'll see obviously but starting to get a bad feeling for Monday

You may want to wait another 2-3 days.  D5 isn’t stable for any model this season or most others.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I know but a 6-10er that falls overnight Sunday and leaves in the morning but just enough and timed well enough to muck up the morning commute but not enough or timed properly to make it a true snowday......is just not that exciting at this point. But Delay it by 6 hours and I’m all in.

Stay up all night and call in.  In the early 70s and most of the 80s to the early 90s and indeed much of the 50s 6-10 was a big dog.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I know but a 6-10er that falls overnight Sunday and leaves in the morning but just enough and timed well enough to muck up the morning commute but not enough or timed properly to make it a true snowday......is just not that exciting at this point. But Delay it by 6 hours and I’m all in.

Wow, talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.  With the crap we've had this winter. I'd take this GFS run in a heart beat, and it could occur any hour god sends.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Take a breath and relax, it's all going to be okay, their is a snow day in everybody's future.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hopefully we can get that a little more south.

I think we will. Check my blog out...I think the Euro is erroneously hanging the baroclinic zone too close to the coast in the wake of the Saturday deal, which is likely why its ens mean is further off of the coast. EPS will likely come nw, but I think a compromise is in order.

Low will likely end up near the canal on Monday.

• Like 1

Good trends on Euro, improved for both Saturday and Monday events... Saturday ticked further NW, Monday ticked further SE

Roughly:

Sat Mar 2: advisory to canal, warning all of CC

Mon Mar 4: warning NW 1/2 of MA, 10"+ north of MA border

Wed Mar 6: nada

Fri Mar 8: maybe cooking up another event

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think we will. Check my blog out...I think the Euro is erroneously hanging the baroclinic zone too close to the coast in the wake of the Saturday deal, which is likely why its ens mean is further off of the coast. EPS will likely come nw, but I think a compromise is in order.

Low will likely end up near the canal on Monday.

Agree, was thinking same given proximity to Mar 2... the Ens mean track Mar 4 would be our biggest storm since Nov