• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WesL
    Newest Member
    WesL

February 23-25th Winter Storm

Over 8" of intense snow since about 3 this morning, combined with yesterdays 4", already sitting at a foot of new snow with another foot to fall.  I have to assume the depth is somewhere around 65".  I did see an official co-op depth about 20 miles sw of here at 60" this morning.

MQT- 11.7" since 7 am yesterday. 

0700 AM     SNOW             4 NE NEGAUNEE           46.53N 87.55W
02/24/2019  M8.0 INCH        MARQUETTE          MI   OFFICIAL NWS OBS

UPDATED TOTAL SINCE 230 AM. LIQUID
            EQUIVALENT IS 0.93 INCHES. SNOW DEPTH IS 53
            INCHES. STILL SNOWING, THOUGH INTENSITY HAS
            DIMINISHED TO MODERATE SNOW.
  • Thanks 1

Upgraded to a blizzard warning... Feb '15 was my last one.

Baraga-Marquette- Including the cities of L`Anse, Gwinn, and Marquette 747 AM EST Sun Feb 24 2019 ...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST MONDAY... * WHAT...Blizzard conditions developing late this morning and continuing into this evening. Additional snow accumulations of 10 to 17 inches,  except 5 to 8 inches near Skandia and Marquette and 2 to 4 inches south of Gwinn. Northwest winds will gust as high as 55 mph this afternoon and evening.

23 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Upgraded to a blizzard warning... Feb '15 was my last one.

Baraga-Marquette- Including the cities of L`Anse, Gwinn, and Marquette 747 AM EST Sun Feb 24 2019 ...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST MONDAY... * WHAT...Blizzard conditions developing late this morning and continuing into this evening. Additional snow accumulations of 10 to 17 inches,  except 5 to 8 inches near Skandia and Marquette and 2 to 4 inches south of Gwinn. Northwest winds will gust as high as 55 mph this afternoon and evening.

I just saw this. YES!

Looks like Ames really lucked out compared to surrounding areas. Several reports of 6-7" in town, with 4" east/west of us where subsidence from the one good band decreased their totals a bit. Essentially any road outside of the city is considered impassable right now. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (((Will))) said:

0FA7B46B-EFAD-408B-B14A-6ECF9E0E1C50.jpeg

I'm guessing the owners of that middle house are in Key West  for the winter?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, (((Will))) said:

Gusting 35-40mph up here already.

I wish so bad I could get out and look around town but I'm stuck at home...nothing is plowed. I haven't seen a single car go by.

Kinda starting to gust here a bit more. Not a single vehicle down my road since sometimes early evening. Before this is all over, I might be approaching 95-100” in 24 days. I love it

can tell by radar, enhancement is picking up

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Kinda starting to gust here a bit more. Not a single vehicle down my road since sometimes early evening. Before this is all over, I might be approaching 95-100” in 24 days. I love it

Just had a screen tear off a window and blow away, lol. Winds really kicking up - I hear that weird moaning sound from the house that only happens when you have winds well over 40mph.

I live literally on the top of the spine of the keweenaw so in almost all directions there's essentially no wind breaks coming off the lake.

• Like 2

Had a wind gust of 60MPH last night at Willard Airport, even had pea size hail move through sw Champaign county as well. 

Goodlord Bo and Will, you guys are going to be up to your eyeballs in snow! Literally!

The wind here has been howling since 1am.  The CR airport has reported a max gust of 60 mph.  There is very little snow to blow around here, though, as we only picked up a dusting overnight.  There is still a substantial snowpack, but it's rain-soaked and frozen so it can't blow around.

• Like 1

Was that it for the winds?  Pretty meh.  All that snow Up Der is just bananas.  Lots of homeowners insurance claims to commence soon.

• Sad 1

Ground blizzard conditions have closed I-35 from Ames to the MN border today. Basically every road outside town is closed. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

IMG_8833.JPG.a57a94f3dfbdc74a65e451870bc9d8a3.JPG

One of the most insane pictures I have ever seen. I’m drooling. Is this your deepest depth since you moved there? Another foot to go? Goodlord 

Two neighbors out blowing snow. Heck with it. I am going to wait until the wind goes down tomorrow. They can stick it where I work. I will be in when I am in. Notice my one furnace vent getting covered. Luckily I have a window over it and was able to stick a shovel out the window to get it cleared. Keep going to get around making the pipe higher. I caught some kind of bug. Very weak and tired today don't really want to climb the bank of snow to get back there.

3 minutes ago, Chambana said:

One of the most insane pictures I have ever seen. I’m drooling. Is this your deepest depth since you moved there? Another foot to go? Goodlord 

I have ridden my sled to some pretty remote parts of the Huron's, and I've seen some deep snow of 5' or so before, but in the 6 years I've lived here, never have I come across snow as deep as it is right now.  There's trees that were bent over from the ice storm a few weeks ago, now their tree tops are getting buried in the snow pack.  17z hrrr still shows a narrow swath of a foot through here too. Howling, horizontal snow currently.

• Like 1