• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, WNash said:

I measured in six different places before I started the snowblower, and got between 12 inches and 14.5 inches. The average was around 13 inches. Definitely the best event for me, synoptic or lake effect, since 2014.

No way. How do you forget March 2017? One of the best Synoptic/Lake Enhanced combos I’ve ever lived through. Had 27.1” in Amherst at the time. KBUF finished with 20”. This was a great storm no doubt but that one takes the cake over this one hands down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

No way. How do you forget March 2017? One of the best Synoptic/Lake Enhanced combos I’ve ever lived through. Had 27.1” in Amherst at the time. KBUF finished with 20”. This was a great storm no doubt but that one takes the cake over this one hands down. 

Early March 2018 also had 1-2' across the north towns. 

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

I totally blanked on that! We had about 16”. It salvaged the entire season.

BW how is the upcoming weekend looking for LES chances? The GOOFUS shows a clipper around Sunday that would clearly bring SW winds for a good 12 hours beforehand...lake is down to 33 but a total freeze is not going to happen...might get to 40% but alot of slush ice which is still good enough for LES. Thoughts?

I've noticed the last few runs on the GFS have had a difficult time with the cold air after about 5 or 6 days, the models want to shove all the Clippers right over us or to the north of us which seems odd for the pattern were in. In fact if the 06z model was to be believed or is sniffing something out then a huge ice storm would be on tap in the long term. 

• Like 1

Pretty much the only area that's guaranteed to see substantial snowfall are the higher elevations and especially the TUG but this for the next 5 days so who knows where we go from there.  The pattern is still evolving and hasn't locked in yet but it should be but until then the transition will be one with many chances of either synoptic or LE so ill take it, except for the 24 hrs from 18Z Wed-18Z Thurs, other than that I think we're good!

AS NIck said, OSUmet said the SSW was effective so I'd imagine its still propagating down to the troposphere so I'd expect high latitude blocking real soon but until the Gov't shutdown end's we can't check, but I think the Australian Weather Dept has some in depth MJO and Teleconnection so I'll be checking on it that today so ill let you all know if I find it.

This storm hasn't ended here yet! Still 1/4 mile visibility and mod snow!
Same here, we've been in some type of band on a NNW wind flow which doesn't happen too often but when it does it can drop some decent snow. It's been affecting the area all night but still haven't gone out and I won't till later.
c904b6945d95ce65a41cfad7698cd3f7.jpg
2dd0c331aa13fa6369eca26e6aeed0b0.jpg
e0f99b533f7f1c2ce7f6d28d592f0bb3.jpg

I'll grad some pics out front, in a bit, but man theres a lot!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1