• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

In NW Delaware County we had about 9 or 10in by 3AM, then switched to sleet and freezing rain and actually reached 33° at some point this morning!  Down to 23° now and back to all snow.  This storm will provide a solid base on top of frozen ground for outdoor activities.  

It was interesting because, for the past several days, the models showed us in a mix for several hours, just like what actually happened.  However, most of the forecasts did not seem to acknowledge that possibility until late yesterday.  It’s surprising because the warm air always seems to push a little farther north than the models show, and they were showing this for many days leading up to it.  I have concluded that meteorologists must be eternal optimists just like snowmobilers and skiers!  

The NAM developed that quasi dryslot a few runs before the event and it came to fruition, so we got NAMMED again, lol, but I think I got ,more than KSYR, that I can guarantee but lots more to come so I still think we hit 17-18" so we'll see.  Arctic air stood tall and didn't budge as it actually got colder, lol!

And I don't block ppl, I ignore them the best I can, lol!

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

I am Bristol but will post more later. I measured a storm total of 12 inches in my backyard.  Very dense dry snow so apparent amounts seem low but it’s a lot of snow. 

Nice little storm my friend! just spent the last two hours driving the shit out of my truck through these deep drifts lol..:thumbsup:

Just now, 96blizz said:

I actually think we are a bit higher than that already. We usually cash in on LE too. 

Yeah I definitely got more than 11" so IDK whats going on but I haven't officially measured so....  There are some super high drifts out there close to 3ft but Im real open but wait till the blowing drifting really gets going later + the commencement of the LE on a NW wind!

15 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Yeah I definitely got more than 11" so IDK whats going on but I haven't officially measured so....  There are some super high drifts out there close to 3ft but Im real open but wait till the blowing drifting really gets going later + the commencement of the LE on a NW wind!

That was always gonna be the show for me. It’ll basically be like we are in the arctic circle!!!

i could see 6’ drifts a legit possibility. 

50 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

In NW Delaware County we had about 9 or 10in by 3AM, then switched to sleet and freezing rain and actually reached 33° at some point this morning!  Down to 23° now and back to all snow.  This storm will provide a solid base on top of frozen ground for outdoor activities.  

It was interesting because, for the past several days, the models showed us in a mix for several hours, just like what actually happened.  However, most of the forecasts did not seem to acknowledge that possibility until late yesterday.  It’s surprising because the warm air always seems to push a little farther north than the models show, and they were showing this for many days leading up to it.  I have concluded that meteorologists must be eternal optimists just like snowmobilers and skiers!  

Exactly right. I mentioned this yesterday that in eastern NY, the overrunning warm air almost always exceeds what is progged. Not only did it reach the Mohawk valley, but it streamed about 10-20 miles north of it.  

We’ve just flipped back to snow here after a 4 hour sleet fest. Snowing moderately.  

39 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

We're getting hammered by 2 inch per hour rates here in Ticonderoga and there's already 17 to 19 inches on the ground from this storm.

So my advice not to go to Amsterdam and stay put was sound!  Glad it worked out for you!  Amsterdam flipped to sleet for a couple of hours but is back to snow now.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gorizer said:

So my advice not to go to Amsterdam and stay put was sound!  Glad it worked out for you!  Amsterdam flipped to sleet for a couple of hours but is back to snow now.  

Actually really heavy here now, rates of 3 inches per hour! Me and my buddy took a journey to Whitehall via the mountains and the snow powdery but heavy. It's so good here man. Thank you.

• Like 1