Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

26 minutes ago, weathafella said:

What?   The 19-20 featured a major winter storm event in 90% of our geography in New England.  That was followed by the coldest stab in years followed by today’s cutter with heavy rain.

yes Jer, but thats why I said cold/dry interspersed with storms that had temperature spikes, in other words, the storm track is such that our weather warmed during the storm and went back to colder following the storm.  Next change (if it happens) is to actually have the storms take a track such that we (coastal areas) stay cold (meaning below freezing and throughout all levels of the atmosphere) throughout the storm.

Thats the one track we haven't gotten yet- not even the November storm had that- nor did this last one.

As an indicator of how  things look and keeping in mind that  this is the discussion  thread at 6:00a.m. in the third week of January, consider that:

-- there were only 53 posts in the past 10 hours

--of those 53 posts, only 33 were about the weather

--with the look of events coming up, not even Kevin is tossing  about how many inches we should expect

--we've been able to surmise much of the size of Brian's coc. 

Thank goodness it's almost February.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Next week looks awfully wintry . Even Box on it

Your very close to a melt

Take off the blindfolds , it’s beautiful ...it will cleanse the world 

the clown maps thru Thur 0z are dejavu. CNE/NNE snows . Ma/NH border scraps w some snow in berks . And nada S of Pike 

granted this will move around but not necessarily for the better 

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Your very close to a melt

Take off the blindfolds , it’s beautiful ...it will cleanse the world 

the clown maps thru Thur 0z are dejavu. CNE/NNE snows . Ma/NH border scraps w some snow in berks . And nada S of Pike 

granted this will move around but not necessarily for the better 

He keeps fighting reality, living in a world of snow fairies riding unicorns. He’s told too many bed time stories to his girls, now he believes it himself. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Snow maps? :lol: That explains the emotions this morning. Thought folks were better than that 

The weenies want snow. I've accepted it may not be a great winter, but until I see a crap pattern look...I don't see why the shades are closed. Scooter knows when to close the shades.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean once again better improvements in the 11-15 day from the previous run. I dunno...I don't have the down and out feel when I look at everything.

D11 works great for me.  I'm pretty sure I'll miss a little snow while I'm in SFO next week, but if that's just a lead-in to a better long term, sign me up.

What I see occurring next week is a wave of low pressure will develop along the PV lobe dropping into the Midwest.  Orientation and location of that are the critical pieces.  I’d favor the background tenor of this season with a C/NNE winter storm but even they may not be safe if this cuts west of us as some models show.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

There was a fair amount of nagging concern that our incredibly rainy year was going to flip to a 'pay the piper dry period'.  Any of those concerns have since been allayed by the incessant string of multi-inch events that continue to unfold.  Still unfolding as rain, ftl.

The pattern is active. And increasingly colder in the coming weeks.   There is reason for optimism.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The weenies want snow. I've accepted it may not be a great winter, but until I see a crap pattern look...I don't see why the shades are closed. Scooter knows when to close the shades.

Score me a warning event next week and I’ll re-open the shades, get on my knees, and thank the Scooter snow god. 

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that you’re now talking about yourself in the third person

• Haha 1