• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

22 minutes ago, WxNoob said:

Yeah this stretch is miserable but I'm sitting at 38 inches on the season so far which is nearly half my season average by New Year's no less.  I bet we see those storms in the week+ mid-range creep north before it's all said and done.  Relax fellow weenies. 

You’re doing well. Everyone else is quite a bit below normal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Another very uninteresting slow start to the snowmobile season. They're practically giving snowmobiles away at some shops in the area cuz they just can't sell them anymore. Ottawa's snow lovers are happy campers this year that's for sure!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You bet! Bought a leftover two years ago for 4500 off msrp. This is one of the worst I can remember for the Tug and Adirondacks. When Flat Rock on top of the Hill is grass going into January you got troubles. I tell my friends that snowmobiling is dying a slow death south of 45N. Almost not worth it anymore living in CNY.

26 minutes ago, phoenixny said:

You bet! Bought a leftover two years ago for 4500 off msrp. This is one of the worst I can remember for the Tug and Adirondacks. When Flat Rock on top of the Hill is grass going into January you got troubles. I tell my friends that snowmobiling is dying a slow death south of 45N. Almost not worth it anymore living in CNY.

I started snowmobiling in the early 90's, sold my sled in the spring of 2017 and for the 2nd winter I don't own one, i love the sport but don't have the time to ride, always have to trailer north to ride, don't know if I'll ever have another sled. Getting so every year i hate the cold more and more. 

BTW don't know wtf people are riding on but just checked the webcam at Flat Rock a little while ago and sure enough sleds parked out front. Some people will ride on anything i guess. 

12 minutes ago, Revracer800 said:

I started snowmobiling in the early 90's, sold my sled in the spring of 2017 and for the 2nd winter I don't own one, i love the sport but don't have the time to ride, always have to trailer north to ride, don't know if I'll ever have another sled. Getting so every year i hate the cold more and more. 

BTW don't know wtf people are riding on but just checked the webcam at Flat Rock a little while ago and sure enough sleds parked out front. Some people will ride on anything i guess. 

Holy crap. Just checked. I don't think one club is open right now. Checked webcam up there yesterday had grass with a thin blown snow top. Can't be good; riding seasonal roads I guess.  I have been riding since I was about ten but I am in my early fifties now. Friends are selling sleds so not sure how long I will still stay in it. Getting tired of towing a trailer as well. Happy New Year. 

Nearly all the 18z runs have that sfc low a tick further north putting wny in a really ideal spot for damaging winds tonight. Will be a hell of a way to ring in the new year.  Really liking this setup and excited to see what unfolds as there isn’t much else to hang our hats on these days. Haha. 

• Like 2

Yeah, no longer the snowmobile capital of CNY that's for sure and it's a shame cause when I first moved up here, everyone and their Mothers had one, lol, now they've all been sold for half of what they bought them for, lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Nearly all the 18z runs have that sfc low a tick further north putting wny in a really ideal spot for damaging winds tonight. Will be a hell of a way to ring in the new year.  Really liking this setup and excited to see what unfolds as there isn’t much else to hang our hats on these days. Haha. 

Normally like these events, but seem to lose power quite a bit! Hope it stays on!