• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Well sh^%#t.  Open the marinas on Lake Erie and bust out the jet skis?

I didn't get my lake effect fix this year yet. I need a few good bands! Maybe we will get a big time February Erie event, usually it's frozen by then, doubt that happens this year. This time last year. Tughill would be having a party, and I'd be chasing that up there. 

Lake Effect Summary - Dec 24 2017 to Dec 27 2017 - Storm Total Snow Map

Meltdowns across most of the forums have been entertaining to read today. As much as I want cold/snow this time of year, a devious little part of me is amused by what’s transpiring. Seems the vast majority of the pros have been trumping a cold to very cold January for a while now. The Modoki El Niño will bring it home!  All the top analogs say so!  Warm blob in the gulf of Alaska!  Rapid snow cover increase in Siberia in late October!  Low sea ice in Barents/Kara!  Sudden strat warming to unleash the polar vortex!  

And here we are on Dec 29 with long range models more or less torching CONUS on average thru Jan 15, after a warm Dec. Just comfirms long range forecasting is a crapshoot at best, and not worth taking seriously. 

• Like 2

I don't know what people are looking at but there's no torching going on anywhere across the United States for the next 15 days so I really don't know what people are looking at necessarily but to each his own I guess. by the second week of January I'm pretty certain that most of us we'll have at least a foot of snow on the ground but like everything else we'll see I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I don't know what people are looking at but there's no torching going on anywhere across the United States for the next 15 days so I really don't know what people are looking at necessarily but to each his own I guess. by the second week of January I'm pretty certain that most of us we'll have at least a foot of snow on the ground but like everything else we'll see I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tri3b2u.gif

6 to 10 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

8 to 14 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability