Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

44 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Sign Harper too!!!

Make the Yankees great again!!

So you’re from the George Steinbrenner school that says you can’t have enough superstars on your team. I personally loved the 2017 team that had a lot of good young hungry players. Those players are coming into their prime.  Let Andujar continue to develop both offensively and defensively, he will only be 24 this season. At least I respect his attitude. 

I love homegrown players as well..

But lets be real, pitching always kills the yankees lol

They have a chance at one of the best all around players in baseball in his prime..

U can't trust guys like CC and Happ who are getting up in age..Tanaka is still pitching injured..

They have paxton, while talented has never pitched more than 160 innings or so..And Sevy who had an up and down year last year..

They can use another front line SP lol

I will also add the yankees just don't develop pitching like they do hitting, they usually need to go FA or trade..

I agree that pitching is the main issue. Severino needs to get his act together and become the dependable ace the Yankees need. He has the stuff. I was hoping they would land Syndergaard from the Mets.  Just watching him cut his hair to comply with team rules would have been worth it, lol. 

• Like 1

We now know who’s been stealing our snow. Eastern Europe has been getting buried the last few days especially the mountainous areas of Greece and the Balkans.  The Alps have been getting massive amounts of snow from what is called the Stau effect. This is basically an orographic driven phenomenon caused when winds hit the Alps perpendicular to the mountain range. The air rises and drops large amount of snow. Now the Appenine Mountains of central Italy are forecast to be buried by ocean effect off of the Adriatic Sea.  The cold air is extensive enough for this to extend all the way to the mountains of Sicily. 29E44E42-1EAE-495B-AD8E-EB5E31D71D0F.jpeg.932f715b4c4e7adfda511547cde3e902.jpegF852D466-82B8-4F42-917E-FE95192DD961.png.06e2c2d6516f3fd56bf9563e928d0d41.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

We now know who’s been stealing our snow. Eastern Europe has been getting buried the last few days especially the mountainous areas of Greece and the Balkans.  The Alps have been getting massive amounts of snow from what is called the Stau effect. This is basically an orographic driven phenomenon caused when winds hit the Alps perpendicular to the mountain range. The air rises and drops large amount of snow. Now the Appenine Mountains of central Italy are forecast to be buried by ocean effect off of the Adriatic Sea.  The cold air is extensive enough for this to extend all the way to the mountains of Sicily. 29E44E42-1EAE-495B-AD8E-EB5E31D71D0F.jpeg.932f715b4c4e7adfda511547cde3e902.jpegF852D466-82B8-4F42-917E-FE95192DD961.png.06e2c2d6516f3fd56bf9563e928d0d41.png

I’ve always thought this part of the earth must be the best place to live. Imagine living in those mountains! I’d bet you could get a house that was high enough for snow but still had a view of the sea? 

Who wants in? 

• Like 1

It is freaking brutal. Screw El Niño and his Pacific horse he rode in on. I allowed myself to be sort of manipulated by the overwhelming chorus of folks who kept saying, “yeah, but weak El Niño’s really are good”. Nah, all El Niño’s suck. 

I don’t trust the models to tell us where the two lobes of the PV will end up yet. At least the SSW is throwing a wrench into the horrible machine that is this winter. 

• Like 1

It'll all come together soon enough.  Whether or not we go above normal in the snow dept is a whole different story. As of now I'm a bit AN cause of the outrageous November but Dec was a dud completely but I think we squeeked or way to almost 20" so thats about 8" BN for Dec so we'll see what January brings and if its BN in the snow dept then i'll start rooting for a top 10 least snowiest but not until then, lol!