Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

has anyone seen the news at noon? I've had 2 people tell that 21 and 27 both said 30" storm this weekend. I don't believe that either station said that. 

I mentioned as such this morning.  This storm has a great potential to underwhelm even if a foot fell.  John Q Public is expecting the next week off work and school.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

has anyone seen the news at noon? I've had 2 people tell that 21 and 27 both said 30" storm this weekend. I don't believe that either station said that. 

My buddy told me that WTAJ in Altoona addressed both the GFS and EURO last night saying agreement on 20". MAG may be able to confirm that. 

• Like 1

Just now, daxx said:

I would not call Euro terrible.  Snow Thursday night Friday morning.  A thump Saturday,  then mix to some rain.  We may see several hours of snow on backside also. This is for lsv. North and west look much better.

great.  Love the pbp.  I can help on other, but not those snippy European models that dont give much away for free.

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Excellent.  Not a bad 12z run.  Knowing the Ens will likely follow the OP, if you see anything worth mention, let us know.

GEFS/EURO keeping this close, is a win for now.

Not a bad 12z Euro at all for us in the LSV. It is a crushing snow storm for places in CTP not far away from the LSV.

The LSV is snow to mix to back to snow, with a ton of moisture. We only need a very small track adjustment or slightly earlier cold air press to bring the LSV back into the All snow bullseye.

Attention to our friend in Williamsport ...you are in the snow bullseye on this run!

92057112-A5CB-4C78-818F-18E0AB13F8BA.png

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The Valentines storm in 07 switched back to snow at the end in many places in CTP after 5 inches of sleet!

oh yeah....my all time favorite sleetfest.  Road were crazy for 2 weeks here.  We are nowhere that cold going into this weekend, but I wish we were.

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Not a bad 12z Euro at all for us in the LSV. It is a crushing snow storm for places in CTP not far away from the LSV.

The LSV is snow to mix to back to snow, with a ton of moisture. We only need a very small track adjustment or slightly earlier cold air press to bring the LSV back into the All snow bullseye.

Attention to our friend in Williamsport ...you are in the snow bullseye on this run!

Boy if ever a south trend were needed.  How many times have we seen this in the LSV.  I'm used to it, and will take my 8" and be fine, if you throw in a bunch of sleet to preserve my precious snow.

13 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Looks good to me :D

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Boy if ever a south trend were needed.  How many times have we seen this in the LSV.  I'm used to it, and will take my 8" and be fine, if you throw in a bunch of sleet to preserve my precious snow.

an ancient Chinese philosopher once said.................."grasshopper, it never comes south"