Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

3 hours ago, JTrout said:

Good Morning Folks,

I found this forum last year(along with the circus of a forum down in the Mid Atlantic). I used to do a pay per year weather service forum. You guys are just as good and provide more detailed info, along with a lot more of it from multiple sources. I don't really plan to post a whole lot because I don't know enough to add any really useful information. It's really refreshing to know other people like me exist, when major weather of any kind come around to our area, my wife hates me. haha. Like, thinks I am nuts that I can spend so much time staring at the radar, looking outside, other forums, cranky's blogs/tweets, NOAA, Horst's site, Bobby M's facebook videos, etc.......All I am trying to say is, I appreciate you guys and everything you post. I finally joined the forum officially because I needed to get that off my chest.  Also, even though I stalk the lower forum. I will not be posting this down there. Wayyyy to hostile and they probably don't consider southern Pa the Mid Atlantic for some reason. I have a lot of respect for those of you who have the balls to post down there. 

Thanks

-Josh S.

Welcome aboard !

You picked a great time to join !

12 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

back a page or 2 ago, someone mentioned the GFS gave us almost a foot for the weekend(11") but if i looked at that correctly, was that 11" a combination of Thursday clipper (4") and Saturday/Sunday (7")?

You are correct sir.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Maybe Steve will confer with a friend of mine back in high school...Rusty Dicks?

His given name was Russell Dicks...nicknamed Rusty...

I wonder if Rusty Dicks is a weather weenie? 

I knew him, he use to go out with Mona fourmore. They've since broke up, she now goes out with Dick Hertzer. 

On a serious note :) does anyone remember ( iknow you do) the days leading up the valentines event, was it unseasonably cold?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

I knew him, he use to go out with Mona fourmore. They've since broke up, she now goes out with Dick Hertzer. 

On a serious note :) does anyone remember ( iknow you do) the days leading up the valentines event, was it unseasonably cold?

yeah, it was.  We dont have that going into this weekend, but icing still is likely down here (as of today).  I'm ok w/ where things are.  

I also want to remind everyone that seasonal tendencies has been to evolve colder from 7-10 on in (look at last week, we thought we might have a mini torch this week - and we are chatting up 2 potential snow/ice events.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

What I remember even better is that at about a 72 hour lead time EVERY model that I'm aware of had all of getting absolutely buried...talking like 2' plus totals. Somewhere around 48 hours out everything suddenly shifted west and introduced ice into our forecast. It never wavered from that point to game time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

back a page or 2 ago, someone mentioned the GFS gave us almost a foot for the weekend(11") but if i looked at that correctly, was that 11" a combination of Thursday clipper (4") and Saturday/Sunday (7")?

Yes, here is the 12z GFS for just the Thursday night event & the combined total snow amounts for both events through next Sunday night.

638EE602-BCB4-47CF-B74B-A54D75D54031.png

D8DEEB4F-9BCA-4BC9-A335-C9EE85803C52.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Here is the 12z GEFS mean snow amount through next Monday early am. Lots of good solutions anong the 21 ensemble members.

C263A09F-0EA0-4A9A-A138-70C38595CFFD.png

has anyone seen the news at noon? I've had 2 people tell that 21 and 27 both said 30" storm this weekend. I don't believe that either station said that.