• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

Sunday 1/13 @ 5:30PM | Sunshine and seasonably cool weather are expected for a majority of the upcoming work week. A few lake effect snow showers are possible Wednesday. Another round of snow could bring 1-3" across much of the region Thursday night-Friday morning. For the weekend, confidence is moderate to high for a significant precip event, but low to moderate for the timing and precipitation type/amounts. If you have travel plans next weekend, keep any eye on the forecast! We will continue to keep you up to date on the latest forecast developments! #PAwx

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hopefully it'll be our turn soon enough...your pals down south are reaping white gold today. 

Yeah that was an overachiever for them. I’m glad for them but hope they aren’t as snippy for a while as you are right, it’s our turn. Gfs is great but we need a southern trend for next weekend. CMC says no. 

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's making more progress north than east. Highly doubt anyone in Lanco gets in on it other than perhaps the extreme southwest corner.

Yea it is so hard to tell with this type of snow...it looks like it is charging in then loses support and dries up quickly.  Seems it is snowing again in Cumberland and Adams county.  

This potential system next weekend that has been strongly hinted upon by the models could be the true big hitter we've been waiting for to show up. I know it's funny to say that in the midst of being impacted by a pretty significant system right now but the pattern progged shows the kind of amplification in the pattern we've been missing to wind up a big one. Track's going to be obviously the big thing to watch the next few days. It could cut up too soon or perhaps end up east. Recall where this current storm was several days ago for a time.. impacting our whole subforum significantly. I do think the pattern may support more of a coastal solution vs inland or cut.. we have a nice western ridge where we need it and the PV well established over Hudson Bay which I think should help keep the storm track low. There's also some kind of preceding system that's been showing up beforehand (Friday-ish), that may also have some bearing on the potential bigger system while also providing another snow opportunity of course. It might not end up being -20 at any point but looking into the extended there's a lot of arctic air that seems poised to be released into the eastern US at a time of the year when it is climatologically the coldest.  

36 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah that was an overachiever for them. I’m glad for them but hope they aren’t as snippy for a while as you are right, it’s our turn. Gfs is great but we need a southern trend for next weekend. CMC says no. 

Lol I'm glad that January was cancelled ~10 days ago, imagine how bad it would be if it had actually showed up. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

This potential system next weekend that has been strongly hinted upon by the models could be the true big hitter we've been waiting for to show up. I know it's funny to say that in the midst of being impacted by a pretty significant system right now but the pattern progged shows the kind of amplification in the pattern we've been missing to wind up a big one. Track's going to be obviously the big thing to watch the next few days. It could cut up too soon or perhaps end up east. Recall where this current storm was several days ago for a time.. impacting our whole subforum significantly. I do think the pattern may support more of a coastal solution vs inland or cut.. we have a nice western ridge where we need it and the PV well established over Hudson Bay which I think should help keep the storm track low. There's also some kind of preceding system that's been showing up beforehand (Friday-ish), that may also have some bearing on the potential bigger system while also providing another snow opportunity of course. It might not end up being -20 at any point but looking into the extended there's a lot of arctic air that seems poised to be released into the eastern US at a time of the year when it is climatologically the coldest.  

Lol I'm glad that January was cancelled ~10 days ago, imagine how bad it would be if it had actually showed up. 

Yeah. Your right. If we had the activity here I wouldn’t go there. Too clicky but I like talking bout snow....so I go. I liked today’s storm over a week ago as things looked good to me pattern wise and no one said boo. One if the sacred ones says something and 95 people like it. That gets old. 

Lefs have some fun here in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah. Your right. If we had the activity here I wouldn’t go there. Too clicky but I like talking bout snow....so I go. I liked today’s storm over a week ago as things looked good to me pattern wise and no one said boo. One if the sacred ones says something and 95 people like it. That gets old. 

Lefs have some fun here in the next few weeks. 

It was pretty quiet in here during the lead up and discussion didn't really pick up until the last day or so. I also didn't realize we lost two of our more regular red taggers in here. I did remember Millville moving but I didn't know Heavy_Wx moved too (saw him down in the Mid-Atl thread).  

I think we'll be having plenty to discuss now haha. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

It was pretty quiet in here during the lead up and discussion didn't really pick up until the last day or so. I also didn't realize we lost two of our more regular red taggers in here. I did remember Millville moving but I didn't know Heavy_Wx moved too (saw him down in the Mid-Atl thread).  

In MAG we trust......

;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I value and thank you for your time and contributions here. I know when you get excited about a storm it's time for me to go back on the budget sleeping plan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Didn't take you long to stir the pot with our southern friends...

Meh. Great forum with talent but let’s just say seeing this one in was painful. They have some whiners that know weather but won’t accept that where they live is not snow city. I’m glad for them but hope they remember this as they are rather hostile towards any near or outside their forum. That’s all

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Meh. Great forum with talent but let’s just say seeing this one in was painful. They have some whiners that know weather but won’t accept that where they live is not snow city. I’m glad for them but hope they remember this as they are rather hostile towards any near or outside their forum. That’s all

Several old-timers there that started their #neweather, EUSwx etc careers off as sarcastic internet tough guys and 15-20 years later they are type cast and feel they need to keep performing for their crowd.  I suspect most of the of the sarcastic ones are decent people in "real life".  

• Like 1

My son spent the weekend in DC and told me this evening that there were many storm total reports of 10" as of around 7:00pm.

As the current storm winds down for the DC crew it's interesting to note that after this event their seasonal snow total is now ahead of MDT's.  We can revisit this statistic one week from now and see how the totals compare then...;)

• Like 2