Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Timy tiny flakes but we have started. 

When it started here it was still daylight time and I really could not see the snow without concentrating on something dark but I was alerted to it by a wet feeling repeatedly hitting my arm.  Those flakes were all that was left from drying the column on the way down.  We are getting quite large dendrites now.

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Interesting read by Eric this evening - says he wouldn't be surprised if tonight UNDER performs...but now says we (Lanco) might be affected by the coastal tomorrow. He candidly admits he doesn't know what will happen. No changes to amounts...yet.

I have seen several model depictions showing snow tomorrow evening, coastal based, back into Western PA.

We are slightly over an inch here.  First plow just came through.

Nice mod snow here probaly nearing .25" and feeling good. bonfire is week though wood is wet and frozen to its core this year. I never had much of a doubt about it. Mother nature was telling us for the last week it was coming.  There are other ways than just computers. Computers give good hints of when to pay attention and heighten your sense.

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

So much moisture south and west. The coastal tomorrow will be interesting. I am already happy since the November storm we have been shutout. Thanks winter for returning. 

Check out this 19 hour panel from the 12K Nam.  Ohio Valley snow still.  Coastal influences are really still up in the air a bit.  It stays snowing in those same places for 6 more hours.  

image.thumb.png.af082a847a475353240072bc1c6357b1.png

Just went out to measure.  With light snow falling I am up to 0.8" of snow so far.  Temp holding steady at 26.4 degrees.

Regarding the coastal tomorrow I'll be very surprised if its direct influence reaches up to my area (central Cumberland) this far northwest.  Only need another 1.2" for NWS forecast and WWA to verify.  That seems pretty likely at this point.

6 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Where is Nutter? He's made like 3000 posts in the past 30 days and now's disappeared at showtime. 

Overcast, 32 and the sky has that classic look here.

Hey all I’m up at the cabin muzzloader hunting with a crew so I’m smokim cirrus in Tioga. Gonna be back tomorrow in time for the Eagles. Looking forward to sniffing out the next one so enjoy some for me. Sounds like I may see some during the game if coastal works for us in the LSV. Have 1.5” up here and snowed in n off Thursday night. 

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Hey all I’m up at the cabin muzzloader hunting with a crew so I’m smokim cirrus in Tioga. Gonna be back tomorrow in time for the Eagles. Looking forward to sniffing out the next one so enjoy some for me. Sounds like I may see some during the game if coastal works for us in the LSV. Have 1.5” up here and snowed in n off Thursday night. 

There you are...approaching 1" here with light snow falling. Hoping we see flakes flying with the pigskin later tomorrow...