Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

31 minutes ago, JTrout said:

Good Morning Folks,

I found this forum last year(along with the circus of a forum down in the Mid Atlantic). I used to do a pay per year weather service forum. You guys are just as good and provide more detailed info, along with a lot more of it from multiple sources. I don't really plan to post a whole lot because I don't know enough to add any really useful information. It's really refreshing to know other people like me exist, when major weather of any kind come around to our area, my wife hates me. haha. Like, thinks I am nuts that I can spend so much time staring at the radar, looking outside, other forums, cranky's blogs/tweets, NOAA, Horst's site, Bobby M's facebook videos, etc.......All I am trying to say is, I appreciate you guys and everything you post. I finally joined the forum officially because I needed to get that off my chest.  Also, even though I stalk the lower forum. I will not be posting this down there. Wayyyy to hostile and they probably don't consider southern Pa the Mid Atlantic for some reason. I have a lot of respect for those of you who have the balls to post down there. 

Thanks

-Josh S.

Welcome Josh! And hey... guess what? You're right up the road from me. I live between Maytown and E-town! (though really just outside Maytown borough) 

1 minute ago, JTrout said:

Thanks! I am 29, my dad(62) got me into it. Over the past couple years(just got a smartphone a month ago) I have been educating him on the online resources for weather. He is coming along...haha

Well...as you will discover our subforum seems to be filled with a bit more "senior" individuals...which is neither bad nor good.  What bubbler said I can totally relate to as I am 9 years older than he is...haha.  I think I'm the most senior member around here at the ripe age of 59...lol.  But we're all here for the same reasons, really, and that's love of weather...particularly the winter variety.

59 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

That is quite the range.  Do we all have that liberty of saying we nailed it if we get within 36" of the total?  LOL. If so then I am locking in for this weekend.  LSV sees 1"-37".  

That range is due to a 4000' change in elevation. I believe the town of Mammoth Lakes is around 7000', while the summit is 11053'. Not uncommon at all for amounts to double from the village up to the summit. 

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

Well...as you will discover our subforum seems to be filled with a bit more "senior" individuals...which is neither bad nor good.  What bubbler said I can totally relate to as I am 9 years older than he is...haha.  I think I'm the most senior member around here at the ripe age of 59...lol.  But we're all here for the same reasons, really, and that's love of weather...particularly the winter variety.

Alright I just figured out the quoting thing. No need to copy and paste.  I love winter weather the most, absolutely, but I find myself rooting severe weather of most kinds in the "off" season.  This is a hobby for me, gives me something to be excited about. Age doesn't matter for this hobby! For the guys close by(working or home) awesome, always nice to be hoping for a good hit close by.

Just now, JTrout said:

Alright I just figured out the quoting thing. No need to copy and paste.  I love winter weather the most, absolutely, but I find myself rooting severe weather of most kinds in the "off" season.  This is a hobby for me, gives me something to be excited about. Age doesn't matter for this hobby! For the guys close by(working or home) awesome, always nice to be hoping for a good hit close by.

Yep...you can pull a quote from just one post or from multiple posts using the multi-quote option before posting your own reply.

10 minutes ago, JTrout said:

I work in Mount Joy, so I'm near E-town.

1 minute ago, pawatch said:

Add 10 years to that 53.

Look at the temps and to think we could get freezing rain.

image.jpg

Yeah MA forum is worried about serious icing down there.  Verbatim we get some, but mostly snow.  Its just one run, but I'd take it, mix or no mix.  I wanna get on the board.