Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

Upstate Tiger

28 minutes ago, tramadoc said:

What year was it that it snowed right around New Bern and nowhere else? 2013, 2014?? They picked up something like 8-10” if I remember correctly.

Feb 2014 there was a sound enhanced band more or less, the snowfall was pretty widespread but the heavy band was localized, I had right at 5" with that one....

2_11_12_14_snow.thumb.png.18f9d29d9a23947fc76b4cc5f41bde9b.png

accum.20140211.gif.986077a06a613fe1d1bd853b4cd672a6.gif

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

PTI is the airport but GSO is the ICAO identifier. 

Piedmont Triad International Airport; Thanks QC. Tramadoc rain held off just long enough and was light enough to not cause any issues. Fact the pavement is still dry at noon time go figure. This sub freezing pattern, warm up to mid 30s rain, then back to sub freezing is wearing on my patience. 

• Like 1

Piedmont Triad International Airport; Thanks QC. Tramadoc rain held off just long enough and was light enough to not cause any issues. Fact the pavement is still dry at noon time go figure. This sub freezing pattern, warm up to mid 30s rain, then back to sub freezing is wearing on my patience. 

We warmed up from a low of 26° pretty rapidly this morning. Sitting at 63° right now at 1300 hrs. Partly cloudy skies so I suspect we might have maxed out.

I see a lot of people saying that the models are struggling. I don't see that. Outside 7-8 days yes. Inside that they seem good to me. The 20th storm, this current storm were all modeled to be a cutter a week out. That's exactly what happened. The weekend threat inside 7 days has been constantly suppressed and that's the very likely outcome as well. Next week is up in the air but as we close in on the 7 day mark and models are basically starting to show a fropa, I'd keep my expectations very low for that as well. Just stating how I see it.

• Wow unpinned and locked this topic