Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October/November Mid/Long Range Disco

NorthArlington101

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Ian? Someone who makes 3 post a year now? Might as well have stormtrackerRandy start them.

:lol:

Ian only wakes up for the big stuff.  He's on my list of approved thread starters.  The last snowstorm thread I started was in the Central PA sub forum for the Oct 2011 event.  I'm cursed.

12 hours ago, yoda said:

Well I dunno about that lol... there are some better posters mentioned above that do better justice than I do... I just like to quick post and say "998 mb SE NC at 102" :lol:

They provide the detail and nitty gritty

But it is all in the delivery. And you have that nailed. 

You are the Howard Cossell of the weatherboards. :D 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Looking at the 500's I really am starting to like our chances for maybe seeing an opportunity or two roughly day 10-16. Models really aren't picking up on it at this time but I sort of expect in the next couple of days they will. 

I agree. It is now officially a "period of interest".

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

1195395503_gefspv.thumb.png.f6858cf897383b0fca932f02523669ff.png

A favorable displacment for us is looking more and more likely. Still waiting on the updated ensemble forecasts on the CPC for the NAO and AO, but yesterday the dive was on.  You can feel it in the air , it's coming ........ *  *  *  *  *  

For those that follow the 12Z NAM the 12K is coming in snowier (scratch that snow looks roughly the same) for the initial round of precip. We are also seeing a quicker onset of precip as it is on the doorstep of DC at 8am. Still waiting for the later frames to see if we see anything on the upper low passage. 500 mb has seen an improvement as well.

ETA: Opps, wrong thread. :whistle:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

I would think if the block continues to retrograde ( Not sure )  say to the Davis Straits area then the window for a threat would be early December. So despite Judah's comment above, even though I wish it were Feb,  that look can deliver in early December. 

33 minutes ago, frd said:

I would think if the block continues to retrograde ( Not sure )  say to the Davis Straits area then the window for a threat would be early December. So despite Judah's comment above, even though I wish it were Feb,  that look can deliver in early December. 

Yea, I'm totally good with that look and it can work in early Dec for sure. Can't have a retreating high and rotting antedecent airmass in early Dec. At least not in my yard. Block in a cold feed and track south and we'll all do just fine. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frd said:

Wow HM has a ton of info out this AM.   Too much to post or even talk about , but I think it means watch out .

If you scroll down in that thread on twitter HM goes on to explain that the forcing that is basically beating the crap out of the PV right now, is initiating from the bottom up not the top down...IOW no SSWE.  That to me is the best news here because those tropospheric forces are likely to be more stable and this could be an indicator that we are likely to have repetitive blocking periods this winter.  Not unexpected but the signs are showing up right on time.  Everything continues to progress exactly how we want.  I am almost ready to pull the trigger and jump all in for this winter!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

If you scroll down in that thread on twitter HM goes on to explain that the forcing that is basically beating the crap out of the PV right now, is initiating from the bottom up not the top down...IOW no SSWE.  That to me is the best news here because those tropospheric forces are likely to be more stable and this could be an indicator that we are likely to have repetitive blocking periods this winter.  Not unexpected but the signs are showing up right on time.  Everything continues to progress exactly how we want.  I am almost ready to pull the trigger and jump all in for this winter!

That I didn't know. Maybe that will calm down the nay-sayers that don't feel we can have blocking unless we have a SSW. Nah, who am I kidding.

24 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Thanks, and when HM gets excited it is time to board the bus soon.

Glad to hear you are optimistic too psu. All the pieces are coming together. 

I almost want to say it but normally bad luck, as JB has stated in the past and it has not worked out well....... 

Ah whatever.....a December to Remember coming !!!!

21 hours ago, BristowWx said:

And you..our favorite play by play guy.  Seriously you are the best at calling the frames

I don’t know about that.  But I’m in Colombia (South America, not Maryland or South Carolina. :lol:  It’s spelled differently, but people still get it confused).  Anyway, it’s 91 and disgustingly humid attm.  I’m here until sunday, so I’m not vested at all in this.  Good luck to y’all tho.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic