Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,111
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SCseminole
    Newest Member
    SCseminole
    Joined

Michael Banter Thread


Windspeed
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Amped said:

So now we all agree there was no storm at all, these are crisis actors and the whole thing was staged, And even though there was no storm, the storm was created by HAARP. 

It's sole purpose of creation was to affect the mid-term elections in the southern states. This needs to be investigated further. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

Getting away from the lunacy, in the grand scheme of things we were relatively lucky where this hit.

 

It is only a matter of time until a cat 4 slams straight into Houston, New Orleans, or anywhere in the Florida peninsula and will make every storm before it look like child’s play. I

The big cities are such small targets of land, relatively speaking.  Kind of like the discussion about tornadoes in big cities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, trying to navigate all these armed mines and contribute any meaningful analyzing discussion with regards to Michael's observed meteorological phenomenon is a good lesson in futility. It's more than enough to present your opinion and evidence in a debate, it's another to hijack all the discussion because the majority disagrees with you, much more demand everyone believe you.

 

Present your point, your reasoning and evidence, whatever; debate it, amend it later if there is new evidence to support your claim if you must; but in the meantime, get over yourself and move on. People get so damn offended when not agreed with. It may be a science forum, but you're not defending your dissertation. Step away. Chill out. Stop being miserable and go enjoy life for a while.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Putting this in the banter thread since it's not directly concerned with storm forecasting and movement.

Is Mexico Beach even likely to be rebuilt? That is, are the property owners there wealthy enough to tenaciously pursue insurance settlements and governmental subsidies and grants so as to rebuild?  I am in New Jersey, and there was a bifurcation of outcomes from Sandy.  Some poorer areas, mostly inland along rivers, were abandoned and residents sought buyouts. Wealthy barrier islands are completely rebuilt to even wealthier standards.  

I guess the two possible outcomes in Mexico beach are abandonment to a return to a natural state, or bargain sales of lots to those wealthy enough to build housing to the most rigorous standards. Somewhere I read that many of the barrier islands along the Florida panhandle are largely the domain of fewer, but wealthier, residents due to the succession of storms over the years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And here I felt bad early on for calling a "lighthouse" a "buoy" when I posted data early on in this madness (Station SGOF1 - Tyndall AFB Tower C (N4), FL), but, little did I realize that this whole event would turn into this madness. 

Some of us like weather from a casual point of view and have no dog in this fight, but, seeing how folks behave about it really made me realize the volatility of individual points of view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's worth noting that not only did Tyndall AFB gust to 130mph, but a couple UF/WeatherFlow stations also recorded winds of that caliber for getting tossed around. The one that hit the eye (after the wind sensor died) recorded an 86/G129. The one station just SE of Mexico beach recorded 96/G126. Not to mention the FSU/Panama City station that hit 100/G116 before it also died (on an offshore wind). Given that there was a recorded 16.5mb pressure difference over 3.7 nmi and multiple datasets of ~920mb pressure, it's laughable that people are even considering this to be Cat1/Cat2. 

Hopefully the NHC appreciates your email though!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Pellice said:

Putting this in the banter thread since it's not directly concerned with storm forecasting and movement.

Is Mexico Beach even likely to be rebuilt? That is, are the property owners there wealthy enough to tenaciously pursue insurance settlements and governmental subsidies and grants so as to rebuild?  I am in New Jersey, and there was a bifurcation of outcomes from Sandy.  Some poorer areas, mostly inland along rivers, were abandoned and residents sought buyouts. Wealthy barrier islands are completely rebuilt to even wealthier standards.  

I guess the two possible outcomes in Mexico beach are abandonment to a return to a natural state, or bargain sales of lots to those wealthy enough to build housing to the most rigorous standards. Somewhere I read that many of the barrier islands along the Florida panhandle are largely the domain of fewer, but wealthier, residents due to the succession of storms over the years.  

It will be rebuilt.  That region is a popular tourist destination and snowbird spot for those who want oceanfront-type activities without paying the prices of Cedar Key and South Florida.  Plus, it's several hours closer than South Florida destinations which for a family driving in from the western side of things, coming down the I-65 corridor, that can mean an extra day or two vacation.

I'd happily buy a big chunk of land there if I had the money to spare. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rjay said:

If i was around yesterday i would have suspended you for a month. 

Just returned from doing errands..

@Rjay Why? because of a different or  opposing view? Really, honestly?

My views are Supported by actual Data.. ?  

Is this how  Science works? 

Silencing someone or banning them?

that's good to hear..  ;) 

Listen to yourself..

BTW anyone here that has HARD DATA, supporting a Cat 4 (Or Cat 5) Landfall, present it please..

I wish to see it..

I'm asking, ya'll,  too  change MY MIND.. I'm open Ears & Mind..

not based on feelings either..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SENC said:

Just returned from doing errands..

@Rjay Why? because of a different or  opposing view? Really, honestly?

My views are Supported by actual Data.. ?  

Is this how  Science works? 

Silencing someone or banning them?

that's good to hear..  ;) 

Listen to yourself..

BTW anyone here that has HARD DATA, supporting a Cat 4 (Or Cat 5) Landfall, present it please..

I wish to see it..

I'm asking, ya'll,  too  change MY MIND.. I'm open Ears & Mind..

not based on feelings either..

Lolz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SENC said:

Just returned from doing errands..

@Rjay Why? because of a different or  opposing view? Really, honestly?

My views are Supported by actual Data.. ?  

Is this how  Science works? 

Silencing someone or banning them?

that's good to hear..  ;) 

Listen to yourself..

BTW anyone here that has HARD DATA, supporting a Cat 4 (Or Cat 5) Landfall, present it please..

I wish to see it..

I'm asking, ya'll,  too  change MY MIND.. I'm open Ears & Mind..

not based on feelings either..

where is the data that says you went through what you claimed you went through in florence?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, the ghost of leroy said:

where is the data that says you went through what you claimed you went through in florence?

110 MPH Peak Gust(s), before My instrument got taking out by a live Oak..

We had A strong Cat 1 here.. I NEVER claimed Armageddon..  

Lost My computer due to power surges, thus, unable to retrieve that data.. (Off the hard drive it was corrupted)

Though the Surrounding Weather Stations support, in line,   what I reported, With Hard Data that was recorded..

NO HYPE here..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SENC said:

110 MPH Peak Gust(s), before My instrument got taking out by a live Oak..

We had A strong Cat 1 here.. I NEVER claimed Armageddon..  

Lost My computer due to power surges, thus, unable to retrieve that data.. (Off the hard drive it was corrupted)

Though the Surrounding Weather Stations support, in line,   what I reported, With Hard Data that was recorded..

NO HYPE here..

ok. that's all i am getting at.  you lost your data when your instrument package failed. it happens frequently in storms.  which is why HARD DATA is oftentimes hard to come by.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

ok. that's all i am getting at.  you lost your data when your instrument package failed. it happens frequently in storms.  which is why HARD DATA is oftentimes hard to come by.

Lets not beat a dead horse  on this,,, Though, Multiple stations going "dead" all at the  same time?

With FED .GOV are there not "back-ups",  Generators,  things called "Redundancy"? 

Are We to believe Cell towers were still in operation, YET Anemometers were "destroyed", or not reporting?

Reference to Storm Chasers, broadcasting.., Still broadcasting Live video,,   yet ,, Anemometers & related equipment destroyed? 

Every  Anemometer in the Landfall  area(s)?

So folks bashed Me on a "buoy" that I said looked like a "lighthouse"..

WELL? here's a picture of it..

THE  Anemometer & instrument(s) are "offshore" of the Airforce base.. It HAS Batts & generators with-in it..

It's maintained by the Air Force..

So lets TAKE AGAIN Hard Data.. (I had to look hard for this)..

Folks "claimed" It FAILED.. No it didn't.. I got the "data" right HERE...

Station SGOF1 - Tyndall AFB Tower C (N4), FL

 

sgof1.jpg

stationwindgusts.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SENC said:

Lets not beat a dead horse  on this,,, Though, Multiple stations going "dead" all at the  same time?

With FED .GOV are there not "back-ups",  Generators,  things called "Redundancy"? 

Are We to believe Cell towers were still in operation, YET Anemometers were "destroyed", or not reporting?

Reference to Storm Chasers, broadcasting.., Still broadcasting Live video,,   yet ,, Anemometers & related equipment destroyed? 

Every  Anemometer in the Landfall  area(s)?

So folks bashed Me on a "buoy" that I said looked like a "lighthouse"..

WELL? here's a picture of it..

THE  Anemometer & instrument(s) are "offshore" of the Airforce base.. It HAS Batts & generators with-in it..

It's maintained by the Air Force..

So lets TAKE AGAIN Hard Data.. (I had to look hard for this)..

Folks "claimed" It FAILED.. No it didn't.. I got the "data" right HERE...

Station SGOF1 - Tyndall AFB Tower C (N4), FL

 

sgof1.jpg

stationwindgusts.png

The pressure didn’t even fall below 29.2, which means it bottomed out around 990. Way outside the eyewall. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted this in the other thread but thought I post it here. This is not a Category 1  or 2  Hurricane!  But believe what you want with your so called data. This is worse than what then any video I saw that came out of Texas of Hurricane Harvey which was a low end Category 4 at landfall.  I will believe the real experts including The NHC and TWC. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SharonA said:

It will be rebuilt.  That region is a popular tourist destination and snowbird spot for those who want oceanfront-type activities without paying the prices of Cedar Key and South Florida.  Plus, it's several hours closer than South Florida destinations which for a family driving in from the western side of things, coming down the I-65 corridor, that can mean an extra day or two vacation.

I'd happily buy a big chunk of land there if I had the money to spare. 

 

I wonder is there is anything out of point st. Joe. That, looking at a map is an area that should not be rebuilt. A long barrier island ending in a state park. That rest of it should be added to the state park. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I wonder is there is anything out of point st. Joe. That, looking at a map is an area that should not be rebuilt. A long barrier island ending in a state park. That rest of it should be added to the state park. 

You could say the same thing about PCB if the storms western eyewall had hit there, or 80% of the other major cities on the coastline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...