• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

June Discobs Thread

27 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Way over 2".  It just finished pouring.  My sump pump is running once per 40 seconds right now.  Not sure I've seen that before.

No more complaining for you for a while about being missed ;)

34 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Nice!!!

I'm patiently waiting to add on to my 1.35 daily total.  But its been quite a wet 4 days for sure. Good for you.

3" on the nose today.  That's 5.5" since Tuesday.  Never seen it this wet here.  Ever.

14 minutes ago, yoda said:

No more complaining for you for a while about being missed ;)

Yeah, this has been an unprecedented hot-streak for me.  I'll probably be paying for this for a long time.  LOL.

5 hours ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

Could get really hot the first week of July, maybe near 100

Pretty impressive h5 ridge showing up on the globals. We are due for some serious heat- it is what this area does best, and it will be July.

• Sad 1

24-HR total was 0.92" here.  The next shower getting ready to move in will put me over 15" in the past 45 days.  And will mean that I will have reported measureable precip to Cocorahs for 31 of those 45 days.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

24-HR total was 0.92" here.  The next shower getting ready to move in will put me over 15" in the past 45 days.  And will mean that I will have reported measuresble precip to Cocorahs for 31 of those 45 days.

Over the same 45 day period here, a T or more on 26 of 45 days, and over 12" of rain. Pretty impressive when you consider that the total is not skewed by a single event. The largest one day total is under 1.5"

8 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Wow.  Another storm.  Unreal.  Pouring.

:mellow: I think I done goofed up... I still don't think I'm in the correct universe. 

Sterling for today...some severe maby.

After sunrise, the warm front should be able to advance north
into northern Virginia, and eventually across Maryland as low
pressure in the midwest lifts and fills, providing the needed
push. That will place Maryland and Virginia in an air mass with
2000 J/kg SBCAPE (1000-1500 J/kg MLCAPE) and 40 kt deep layer
shear.  The opening mid level low will be providing shortwave
support to the local area, and a belt of 700-500 mb winds will
be providing kinematic support. That setup will be sufficient
for showers and thunderstorms to develop along the highlands
this afternoon, and strengthen/organize as they head toward a
lee trough along the I-95 corridor late this afternoon and early
this evening. Damaging wind gusts will become an increasing
concern as the day wears on. Coverage may be localized along
I-81, but broken bands quite plausible for Baltimore-Washington.
Per coordination, SPC Severe Outlooks have been upgraded
accordingly.

Precipitable waters will remain in the 1.75-2.00 inch range,
suggesting that heavy rainers will also be a possibility. Given
saturated antecedent conditions, that will be another concern.
Another Flood/Flash Flood Watch may ultimately be required.

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

24-HR total was 0.92" here.  The next shower getting ready to move in will put me over 15" in the past 45 days.  And will mean that I will have reported measuresble precip to Cocorahs for 31 of those 45 days.

Pretty spot for here as well...91" last 24hr.  Gardens are lush and the creek is yet again bank full.  Was just commenting to the wife that the rain this morning reminds me of being in St. Lucia.  Heavy early morning rain...no wind and low rumbles in the distance... Almost the end of June and the Potomac has yet to be fishable...unreal.

Just shy of 8" for the month so far.

Early morning storm only dropped .3".  As hard as it rained, I thought it'd be more than than.  Still, the ground is like walking on a sponge.  Lots of places where there is standing water, and places where you can see water flowing out of yards onto sidewalks. 

.45" on Tuesday

2.05" on Wed

3.0" yesterday

.30" this morning.

5.8" total since Tuesday.

I am either making up for past precip snubbings, or am about to embark on a very long, painful desert payback.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Picked up 0.28" yesterday. Pretty meh but better than the zero I had for the week prior.

Sitting at 3.7" for the month.

You're the new me.  

You'll probably have better luck this afternoon.

Sun trying to poke through in Reisterstown, but everytime it does it starts to rain again.  Visible showing the clearing to our south is racing north, probably an indication of good winds off the surface.  Definitely a wind and heavy rainfall risk this afternoon.

2 hours ago, poolz1 said:

Pretty spot for here as well...91" last 24hr.  Gardens are lush and the creek is yet again bank full.  Was just commenting to the wife that the rain this morning reminds me of being in St. Lucia.  Heavy early morning rain...no wind and low rumbles in the distance... Almost the end of June and the Potomac has yet to be fishable...unreal.

Just shy of 8" for the month so far.

We had planned a while ago to go tubing this weekend on the Shenandoah.  We usually put in at Millville.  But for, I think, the fourth weekend out of the last six, it’s at flood stage, so we cancelled.

Just a really unusual stretch of wet weather for the amount of time the pattern has been in place.

• Like 1