Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Eh...a lot of those 70F dew days are in the morning and we mix out to a slightly tolerable heat index in the afternoon. We've been pulling many dews well into the 70s all daytime.

Eh...that's just speculation.  I'll bet if you dug into that that's not always the case.  Not every day that starts out with a 70° Dp becomes a CoC afternoon.  Like I said, just another way to look at it.  I'm not knocking the hours approach just showing different data.

13 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Eh...that's just speculation.  I'll bet if you dug into that that's not always the case.  Not every day that starts out with a 70° Dp becomes a CoC afternoon.  Like I said, just another way to look at it.  I'm not knocking the hours approach just showing different data.

bdldews1994.png

bdldews2018.png

18 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I do not quite understand though why you are trying to show this summer as a 'normal' summer when it comes to dew points. Most of the data we have suggest that this summer is not even close to normal for hours above normal. This summer has seen sustained dew points >75 for hours and days at a time. Even some of the ecological data I work with are showing this to be an exceptionally dewy and moist summer (ticks etc). And Dendrite is correct that many 70 degree dew days do end up lower in the afternoon.

EDIT: Dendrite has the data for hours above 70 as posted above.

Yowzer, just saw the electric bill for August, 420, highest use ever since moved up here in 2000 and then we had 9 kids in the house. We did have 4 critical care puppies in the puppy room so that 750 sq ft space had AC dehumidifier and vaporizer but still. Epic dews and high nighttime temps conspired against my wallet.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yowzer, just saw the electric bill for August, 420, highest use ever since moved up here in 2000 and then we had 9 kids in the house. We did have 4 critical care puppies in the puppy room so that 750 sq ft space had AC dehumidifier and vaporizer but still. Epic dews and high nighttime temps conspired against my wallet.

That's a Florida AC electric bill for sure! But happy that the critical care puppies were nice and comfortable! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tamarack said:

For that entomologist, earlier this year.  For me, TBD.

Coolest morning of the month, about 45 here.  HUL touched 40.  Month will finish about +2.0, significant departure for a summer month.  (Would be meh in winter.)

It’s actually pretty warm here in BTV.

8 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ours was the highest ever for our most recent bill...$287.   We had added another window unit, and ran our pool filter quite a bit. I expect our next bill to be similar.  It was really the humidity that was the bigger issue, last week and this upcoming week notwithstanding. 

41 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like I got the one sprinkle in the state. Should be a nice, cool day up here. M***holes gone wild last night on the roads. Thankfully your people will leave us alone soon. ;)

My wife had a huge downpour in Royalston, MA on Thursday...I didn’t see anyone’s else with rain.

11 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

You go after me, been doing it ever since I started posting here.

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve never sworn at anyone on here or been so truly hateful and nasty. This was just plain nasty tonight 

You 2 are like piss and vinegar.  Just ignore each other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

3 window units that have been running 24/7 since about June 1st.  No solar, no geo. Nada

Hmm...maybe our pool filter draws more than I thought, and it is typically on a timer, but I run it more than I should probably.  One more month of horrific bills then we drop.