Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Is the accuracy supposedly better I assume?

No moving parts so no worries about startup threshold or bearing wear over time. Mine is heated so it'll stay ice free in the winter. The Davis anemometer is +/- 5% accuracy IIRC. This one is +/- 2%. The resolution is 0.01m/s, but Davis can only handle 0.1m/s so I won't get the max potential out of that. Still, 0.2mph resolution is pretty good. It looks like one of those Gill WindSonic anemometers. The company that made it customized it for me.

They may make me an ultrasonic snow depth gauge that would fit into the VP2 rain port too. We'll see how that goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

No moving parts so no worries about startup threshold or bearing wear over time. Mine is heated so it'll stay ice free in the winter. The Davis anemometer is +/- 5% accuracy IIRC. This one is +/- 2%. The resolution is 0.01m/s, but Davis can only handle 0.1m/s so I won't get the max potential out of that. Still, 0.2mph resolution is pretty good. It looks like one of those Gill WindSonic anemometers. The company that made it customized it for me.

They may make me an ultrasonic snow depth gauge that would fit into the VP2 rain port too. We'll see how that goes.

How much are you worth, now? Maybe I raid your back yard at night and make a profit on the dark web?

9 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

A repetitive negative hit from a a delinquent account that has been reporting multiple years is very bad. You need to dispute that if it is not yours. Someone may have opened a fraudulent account in your name, or it is something you forgot about completely. Your credit report will show you the debt collector that now owns that account. You will have to contact them and figure out what is going on.

This is something I'm worried about. I know back in 2009 I defaulted on a loan (which I was beyond stupid at the time) but that should be off my report by now and outside of that there are no bills (cell phone, credit card, car insurance/payments) that I have missed a payment on or been late on ever. But this is something I will certainly do. Thank you for the input! 

46 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is something I'm worried about. I know back in 2009 I defaulted on a loan (which I was beyond stupid at the time) but that should be off my report by now and outside of that there are no bills (cell phone, credit card, car insurance/payments) that I have missed a payment on or been late on ever. But this is something I will certainly do. Thank you for the input! 

Stop posting about a few possible rumbles and get this looked into, now. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

44F at First Lake...jesus.

Even the 59F here felt great.

Upper 40s this AM, only the 2nd sub-50 minimum this month - may bag another Monday AM if clouds don't get in the way.  August average minima here shows 8 in the 40s and one 30s.  Won't get anywhere near that many sub-50s, but should pass 2003 (4) and avoid last place.  GYX hinted at autumn-like air being "within shouting distance" later next week. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Impressive. I give you props for dedication. Meanwhile, my goal is to get the tripod on my roof this fall. 

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Stop posting about a few possible rumbles and get this looked into, now. 

I got it settled. Lesson learned...don’t let family (or anyone) keep a bill on in your name b/c if they don’t pay you’re screwed. But I did what I needed so I should be all clear now. Thank you a ton for your advice/help 

• Like 1

Following some of the longer term guidance I think we are in for a +1.5 to +3.5 meteorological fall (September, October, November). I just do not see anything suggesting a major pattern change to colder than average temperatures. Those that enjoy beach towns following tourist season should have a nice month to do so. I have not been to the beach in awhile, but with the warm SSTs and what not, I imagine the jellyfish must be having a glorious year. I'll never forget kneeboarding behind the jetski when suddenly one went up my swim suit and stung the crap out of my groin etc. Made sitting down painful for awhile. Tentacles and balls should never go together. 

17 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I got it settled. Lesson learned...don’t let family (or anyone) keep a bill on in your name b/c if they don’t pay you’re screwed. But I did what I needed so I should be all clear now. Thank you a ton for your advice/help 

Nice. Ya, that’s Personal Finance 101. Don’t name you kids WeatherWiz Jr either....similar problems down the road. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice. Ya, that’s Personal Finance 101. Don’t name you kids WeatherWiz Jr either....similar problems down the road. 

It was really only b/c it was my mom but w/e. I got it taken care of. I've slowly gotten myself on track to where I want to be!

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

oh man. weatherwiz with kids is a scary thought. :lol: j/k paul

:lol: 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

It was really only b/c it was my mom but w/e. I got it taken care of. I've slowly gotten myself on track to where I want to be!

:lol: 

I had to deal with some credit issues that weren't directly my fault over a dozen years ago. I'm up over 800 now. You'll be fine if you stay responsible.

25 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

Following some of the longer term guidance I think we are in for a +1.5 to +3.5 meteorological fall (September, October, November). I just do not see anything suggesting a major pattern change to colder than average temperatures. Those that enjoy beach towns following tourist season should have a nice month to do so. I have not been to the beach in awhile, but with the warm SSTs and what not, I imagine the jellyfish must be having a glorious year. I'll never forget kneeboarding behind the jetski when suddenly one went up my swim suit and stung the crap out of my groin etc. Made sitting down painful for awhile. Tentacles and balls should never go together. 

I think your call of 1.5 - 3.5 is well within the realm of possibilities. I think the overall pattern is going to be very difficult to breakdown. For a while now it has had the "feel" of 15-16 but for different reasons. It has been a remarkable summer in the northern hemisphere. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I had to deal with some credit issues that weren't directly my fault over a dozen years ago. I'm up over 800 now. You'll be fine if you stay responsible.

Wow that's awesome to hear! I got myself up from like the 500's several years ago to kissing 700 but then I noticed the significant drop. At first I had assumed it was just debt-to-income ratio and applying for some personal loans for school but I looked into it farther and saw the wording about a delinquent account. But I've become extremely responsible when it comes to finances. Outside of when I didn't start paying off original loans from my brief time at LSC I've never missed a payment on anything or have ever been late. I really want 700+ by the time I graduate in December so I can start looking into maybe buying a house or at least renting and putting money away and look into buying a few years down the road.

54 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Wow that's awesome to hear! I got myself up from like the 500's several years ago to kissing 700 but then I noticed the significant drop. At first I had assumed it was just debt-to-income ratio and applying for some personal loans for school but I looked into it farther and saw the wording about a delinquent account. But I've become extremely responsible when it comes to finances. Outside of when I didn't start paying off original loans from my brief time at LSC I've never missed a payment on anything or have ever been late. I really want 700+ by the time I graduate in December so I can start looking into maybe buying a house or at least renting and putting money away and look into buying a few years down the road.

The housing market is very affordable in Kansas, you’d love it there :twister:

But no reason to buy so early and get ‘tied up’ right after college. Rent, explore, travel, be free.....run with the tradewinds young man.