• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Correct.

Awesome. 

Well at least There has been snow in the air since the first week of March. It delayed the inevitable, but whatever it takes to slow the gloom from hitting us I will take it.  The time has come to suck it up and bow to the back door.  Maybe we will get a warm May.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Damn don't think I have seen one like that Mid April. We said early on this winter all that deepening snow pack in Eastern Canada was gonna have a say in our weather this spring 

We're also advecting cold/dry air south too. That's a legit ice look for the hills. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We nape while others scrape

Def taking the under at ORH unless something changes....I don't like that look for a lot of SNE, but perhaps CT can get away with it for at least the first half of the daytime.

Typically, you want to see a reason to oppose or slow the BDF...predawn Saturday we still have slightly rising pressures to our south which may help hold it off initially, but that is gone by morning...and we have pressures rising much faster to our north with falling pressure to our southwest....that screams accelerating BDF.

To my untrained weather eye this Euro run is such a "wow" up here.  Over .50" ice then even sleet to snow.  Temps falling into the low 20's Saturday night.  Seems like its way overdone for a 4/14 date.  Could a crippling ice storm happen in mid April?  I guess if it happens overnight?  

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Def taking the under at ORH unless something changes....I don't like that look for a lot of SNE, but perhaps CT can get away with it for at least the first half of the daytime.

Typically, you want to see a reason to oppose or slow the BDF...predawn Saturday we still have slightly rising pressures to our south which may help hold it off initially, but that is gone by morning...and we have pressures rising much faster to our north with falling pressure to our southwest....that screams accelerating BDF.

Afternoon cold front passages are more fun anyway when you get that density current to start racing inland. 

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Afternoon cold front passages are more fun anyway when you get that density current to start racing inland. 

Kevin watering his lawn at 10am Saturday in shorts and it's all frozen and kills his grass by midnight?

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the 20s ad ZR over the interior midday Sunday is definitely the most ridiculous aspect of that model run. Prob a lot of sleet in NNE on that. Even sme snow in the beginning up by Powderfreak over to maine.

Just crazy...

Lots of ZR and even a thin layer of snow.

ecmwf_ptype_a_neng_17.thumb.png.81de8c777466bf5e380bfc9a70c58b63.png

ecmwf_tsnow_neng_17.thumb.png.cfe80a329190533481eb47feaf36cd85.png

Archived