Total Members
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo
Hvward

March 12th-13th ULL Discussion

2 minutes ago, Regan said:

Lots of snow and lots of cover. Things are slick. I’m in west Raleigh near Umpstead. Really :D  

Yep, just got home and the roads are bad. It's amazing how fast things when down hill once the change occurred. 

Ground covered along with the roads. Calling this a win!!!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

About a 20/80 IP/RN mix here, I can here the IPs on the window though and see them bouncing off the truck.  38.4F

I need it to hold off a few more hrs my son is doing the driving part of his drivers ed today....the kid has maybe 2-3 hrs driving under his belt I am sure if it starts pouring fatties he will freak lol. 

1 minute ago, downeastnc said:

I need it to hold off a few more hrs my son is doing the driving part of his drivers ed today....the kid has maybe 2-3 hrs driving under his belt I am sure if it starts pouring fatties he will freak lol. 

lol, my dad turned me loose with the family truckster in a parking lot during a snow storm. I was 12. Best driving lesson a kid can get.

Luckily my daughter finished hers in December. Then she flipped a four wheeler into a tree Christmas night and nearly killed herself and her friend. Utterly destroyed a Polaris 350 4x4 ATV. Only thing salvageable was the rear wheels and rims. Jammed the motor into the transmission and shoved the shaft out the back. Mangled the front end and ruptured the fuel tank. Not a straight piece of metal on the thing. Now she won’t get behind the wheel of anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it is a melting layer but damn does radar scope look slick just to my west as it changed to blue.  I am 80/20 SN/IP, just flipped in the last few minutes, pingers went mostly silent. Mulch is already white. 

Nothing really fell in Hickory after 11:30 AM. I didn't notice anything falling when those secondary light returns were overhead this afternoon. We got a legit dusting. Nothing really measurable in Hickory.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

32.5/31 and ripping fatties out, silver dollars and not the soaked kind either, everything has a coating at this point including the road.  Hate being dependent on a change over but this one worked out.  Wonder if we will mix back to IP after this heavy stuff works through. 

• Like 1