• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MAG5035

Central PA - March 2018

Eyeballing 4” in Manheim and coming down hard. Banding looks to be developing as the coastal takes over (check out gravity waves in precip over NJ near Philly - hallmark of strong vertical lift from a deepening LP). Wouldn’t be shocked at all to see some 12-16” amounts JUST from today’s snow. 

If you get into a 1-2”/hr band, ratios improve. 

On on my way into work now! Going to be a haul of a day...good luck guys!!

Wow, thanks for analysis. Good luck with your forecasts!!

The areas just to the North and West of the LSV (Perry, Juniata, Mifflin, etc) look to really be getting a nice haul with the lift.   Have to love seeing a radar with the precip pouring in from the south and east.

Got some pics from family out in the lower end of Huntingdon county. That part of the area has gotten pounded. Hopefully we see as close to the double digits as we can here.

2 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

One small thing going against us, Horst JUST updated to say the storm is slow in development, and the "show" will be from 10am - 6pm. One thing I was hoping for was to be ripping by sunrise, but now things will be gearing up as we start fighting the sun angle. 

yeah when up at 3 and not going yet, i looked at radar and thought we were runnin behind by a couple hours.  as long as we tack that time onto the end i wont be pissed....no matter the sun angle :)

its rippin out.  I'm happy

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Got some pics from family out in the lower end of Huntingdon county. That part of the area has gotten pounded. Hopefully we see as close to the double digits as we can here.

I'd be shocked if we got double digits. I don't think we have the rates others are having. But then again, what do i know.

2 hours ago, Flatheadsickness said:

I don't want to spoil any good vibes but at the start of round 2 and about 20 mins ago a little sleet mixed in very briefly but didn't show up on radar. it worry's me a little. Heading back out its mod/heavy here as of 10 mins ago 

its fine.  Column will cool as the storm intensifies.  Couple pingers shouldnt hurt much, but will help street accretion....lol

41 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Scary  Fantastic to think.   

Fixed.

whatchu talkin bout boy?

U fall on your head on way into office??

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'd be shocked if we got double digits. I don't think we have the rates others are having. But then again, what do i know.

best part still to come buddy.  Im not sayin double digits, but I think 4" is gonna be low.  Look at the fetch off the ocean on the radar.  If hundingtons getting good lift, its comin over your head to get there....lol

• Like 1

Just now, sauss06 said:

i can't see radar, so i'll take your word that the intensity will pick up :wacko:

We may not get the good stuff, looks like we might be trapped between the lift and the CCB that’s south of 30. 

Hopefully that moves north. 

• Like 1

Just as you said this it started puking snow in downtown Harrisburg.

You’re good luck

. Pro
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Scary  Fantastic to think.   

Fixed.

whatchu talkin bout boy?

U fall on your head on way into office??

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’m a golf course superintendent and I’ve decided to keep the course closed today:P

LMAO.  

Woundnt have to worry bout divits today

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’m a golf course superintendent and I’ve decided to keep the course closed today:P

Open it, you sissy. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

We may not get the good stuff, looks like we might be trapped between the lift and the CCB that’s south of 30. 

Hopefully that moves north. 

Heavy band has shifted south of me.  That wasn’t part of the script. 

1 minute ago, Storm Clouds said:

9.5 inches here in York, PA. Will easily break a foot...probably even by lunchtime at the rate the snow is currently falling! Good stuff!

Yea those who are in these bands are going to see big totals!  Heavy snow continues to fall.

Just now, daxx said:

Yea those who are in these bands are going to see big totals!  Heavy snow continues to fall.

Snow flakes are no where big as yesterday's part 1, but it's constant moderate-heavy rate.