Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

This seems predictable. Bridge jumpers now over op runs. Ensembles aren't moving much.

I've seen this referenced a bunch today but who are all these bridge jumpers?  I feel like all things considered it's been pretty solid in the forum without anyone melting down or "bridge jumping"....but a lot of people have talking about it like they are everywhere lol.

Just now, powderfreak said:

I've seen this referenced a bunch today but who are all these bridge jumpers?  I feel like all things considered it's been pretty solid in the forum without anyone melting down or "bridge jumping"....but a lot of people have talking about it like they are everywhere lol.

It’s bizarre. 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Find me more than one person who jumped after 12z

You beat me too it.  I think Ginxy mentioned it at 12z too...like everyone keeps psychoanalyzing stuff that isn't happening or something lol.

Its almost like it's this existential being that isn't actually here becomes a bridge jumper when models show an unfavorable solution.  

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Damn you beat me too it.  I think Ginxy mentioned it at 12z too...like everyone keeps psychoanalyzing stuff that isn't happening or something lol.

Its almost like it's this existential being becomes a bridge jumper when models show an unfavorable solution.  

it could be a defense mechanism of their own psychoanalysis which they are afraid to admit, that they themselves feel like jumping. But I dont know, I’m not good at anlyzing other peoples psychosis....only my own. 

gfs improves now, thats my analysis.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

it could be a defense mechanism of their own psychoanalysis which they are afraid to admit, that they themselves feel like jumping. But I dont know, I’m not good at anlyzing other peoples psychosis....only my own. 

I've seen multiple people reference negativity in the last few days. I'm not going to sit here and bump the posts.

Speaking of psychoanalysis, I didn't refer to anyone directly, but a few of you seem rather defensive.

I'll drop the subject now since this is nothing more than a distraction.

*while I continue to post this, lol*

Just now, sbos_wx said:

I've seen multiple people reference negativity in the last few days. I'm not going to sit here and bump the posts.

Speaking of psychoanalysis, I didn't refer to anyone directly, but a few of you seem rather defensive.

I'll drop the subject now since this is nothing more than a distraction.

*while I continue to post this, lol*

lol. Yea but negative posts and melts or jumps is a whole different ballgame. we all cant be Ginxy positive with every single model run.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Oooo, I like that.

When the perceived momentum is jumping, it makes it easier to jump yourself.

Definitely a larger/deeper upper low this GFS run. More support for the phasing differences idea.

This thread has been hilarious today. I feel like this is the standard mid-range period of burp runs where the threat looks like it's falling apart, persists for a day or two, and then comes roaring back on Wednesday afternoon or something. Happens with all the biggies. Call me crazy but the -PNA, -NAO, remnant ridge and likely latent heat release argue for a closer solution--which by the way is to my detriment here on the coastal plain/CTRV. In fact, just about any solution is to my detriment unless thermals keep ticking cooler. But I'm still more worried this comes farther north and floods us with warm air than the shunt.

It actually moves NW from the benchmark on this GFS run.

I don't have any specific examples, but it seems we often see this several days away. 

The models tend to focus too much on the secondary's convection. The central low pressure that develops as the secondary is almost always west of these runs several days out.

Pretty much convective feedback, I guess? (I've never fully understood the exact definition of convective feedback, always been shrouded in mystery)

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

This thread has been hilarious today. I feel like this is the standard mid-range period of burp runs where the threat looks like it's falling apart, persists for a day or two, and then comes roaring back on Wednesday afternoon or something. Happens with all the biggies. Call me crazy but the -PNA, -NAO, remnant ridge and likely latent heat release argue for a closer solution--which by the way is to my detriment here on the coastal plain/CTRV. In fact, just about any solution is to my detriment unless thermals keep ticking cooler. But I'm still more worried this comes farther north and floods us with warm air than the shunt.

Really though, these things have a certain evolution in the long range, then in the mid range that evolution changes again, and then it continues to change until we get within 2-3 days because that's when the models start to have a reasonable amount of skill. It almost never goes back to the "original" solution but that doesn't mean it can't evolve into a better solution again.

We always remember the ones that were, but just as many evolve into thin air.

Archived