Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7th snow threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

The 12z NAM is really warm after 21z, but there should be a good amount of precip that falls between 12z and 18z. 

The models have been all over the place this year,,,,with every storm . So my question is does anyone really know how long the cold air will hang on ? Warm air being forced into the cold , should be interesting to see how this plays out. I am just amazed that the NWS and anyone else is giving amounts, I mean how can they , what are they basing that on ? I mean as someone else said Upton and them can't even agree.Im a novice here but I am worried about how long it sleets and ices because it appears we could get a few hours of that ! This said the precipitation should come down hard once it begins wherever you are,,,,Im looking forward to all the posts tonight !

31 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Sometimes I wish I lived in Maine 

They don't always get wall to wall snow either; a few seasons my BIL couldn't use the snowmobile. He's in the Augusta-Lewiston area. What they do get it cold temps, early and often....I've been there at Easter and it was still cold, and I was there one Memorial Day where it was in the low 30's. And that particular one produced snow in some areas.

7 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

They don't always get wall to wall snow either; a few seasons my BIL couldn't use the snowmobile. He's in the Augusta-Lewiston area. What they do get it cold temps, early and often....I've been there at Easter and it was still cold, and I was there one Memorial Day where it was in the low 30's. And that particular one produced snow in some areas.

Yeah, as a pure snow lover, I envy their annual norms for snow, but the grass does seem greener on the other side when it is actually not as green as we think, or in this case, not as white! 

10 minutes ago, Animal said:

Winter storm warning for Susssex county in New Jersey.

5-7 inches of heavy snow.

warning notes very heavy snow Wednesday morning

Surprised to see that....kinda like the way it used to be a little snow then rain for us down here and mostly snow up there. I'm keeping an eye on this one. Maybe there's a surprise or two in it.

Archived