Newest Member
    joxey
Mid Winter Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, powderfreak said:

I love snow and skiing and all... but even the diehards up here today are finding it hard to complain.  

If it's going to happen, sunshine and near 60F feels pretty refreshing.

Right. I love snow, and already hoping for something fun tomorrow...but hey..I won't complain today. 

48 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

It definitely doesn’t rule. It’s scary and hard to sit with. Obviously practically, 72 degrees is delightful. But in Feb is off putting. Call me a weenie, but it’s the beginning of some massive changes that are going to start happening rapidly.

Lol....stay safe when the massive changes hit the area...too funny.

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not having snowmaking in this current climate will lead to shut em down status.  Like talking about earlier, every winter now seems to have some record warmth at some point.  

MRG is an easy target in these patterns to show the "dire" situation lol.  

Lol right...pick a place that doesn't make snow and then point out the melting snow.  The melting will stop up that way after this afternoon.  And the places that do make snow(which is most places) will be skiing for another 6 weeks at least.  Besides MRG, most all other places are not shutting down anytime soon. 

23 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Just crazy temp variations right now.  Im mixed out at and 54F.   Few roads below me are in the mid 30's.  Loosing snowcover on the hilltops while its feet deep below.

Untitled.jpg

I've noticed up here any station near a frozen lake or pond is very cold still.  Iced over water refrigeration.  

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Still 39°F here, Don't know for how much longer though, Meanwhile Rangeley 59°F.

59-62F in Pittsburg depending on the site. What a torch for up there, ive been up there with colder highs in July. All-time Feb record at the coop is 60F from last year 

59 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol right...pick a place that doesn't make snow and then point out the melting snow.  The melting will stop up that way after this afternoon.  And the places that do make snow(which is most places) will be skiing for another 6 weeks at least.  Besides MRG, most all other places are not shutting down anytime soon. 

Its an economic hit for most places, coming off a season that hasn't been the best.

Archived