• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Cat Lady
    Newest Member
    Cat Lady
BullCityWx

1/16-1/17 Event OBS

Measured 1.5 inches of accumulation on the picnic table at 6:30 AM. Cleared it off to measure again later.

Snow is coming down very nicely. Impressive! It started sometime after 3:00 AM and before 5:30 AM. Temp is down to 30 over 29.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It was snowing at my house when I left. When I got to Curly Road and Cornwallis Road in Durham orange county it was raining. When I got to I 40 and 15 501 near Chapel Hill there were a lot of contract salt trucks sitting on the entrance and exit ramps.

It's barely drizzling at i-40 and 54in Chapel Hill.

The snow came in pretty quick. It went from a rain snow mix to snow sleet the snow at my house in about three minutes.

All snow here. roads and lawns covered. Was small flakes, now getting larger; coming down pretty good. It's 30/29 here, both temp and dew point dropping; guess the colder air is filtering in. Half-inch (maybe a tad more) here and increasing rapidly now...

Correction: Went outside and measured, actually I have 1.5 inches here. Laying in the trees, sticking to everything - awesome!

Just went out and measured again now up to 2.71 inches of snow. (Valdese Burke County) and coming down steady.

Would not be shocked if we end up near 4 inches.

For the Raleigh folks it's finally looking like the precip will start working into the area. For the last few hours the precip was oriented SW to NE and was not progressing eastward. But there is now more development down in SC and a definite more push eastward now (from that location). 

• Like 1

-SN, dusting in grass and driveway getting slick.  CLT guys south of Northlake, deep breaths.  When it switches things change quick.  Edit - just going over to moderate snow, flake size looks like nickel now.