Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It might be, that's why I said the 12z stuff probably will be the deciding factor, but even the NAM sort of showed this. The shallow baro zone is well off, but there is definitely a tilt back above 850mb to the west. I'm staying conservative, but I have my eye open for that too. Decent NE inflow from 950-850 too all the while temps drop at that level. Could be light snow just from that. 

Def need to watch 12z. The GFS at H500 has trended less progressive  the past several runs—has a look of playing “catch up” into go time. 

I also agree that the BZ at 850 doesn’t look to be in a location too far offshore, historically speaking. In fact it’s pretty close to the BM. I think there’s room to see a few more ticks north/west into go time. I’d at least be strongly hedging that way, thinking current guidance consensus is along the “south/east margin of the cone”, if you will.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Is it just me, or does this season have a hell of a lot of uncertainty...very close in.  We’ve had this issue with quite a few systems this winter it seems so far..36 hours out and we still don’t know if it will snow or not in a lot of places???? 

Tippy's fast flow theory for the win?

19 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If 12z bumps west again, I’ll start a thread.

Itll be close.... some models are not far away from giving PVD Boston and SE a decent little event. 

See what happens.  SREF Plumes are a genral 3-5" in SE MA.  NAM is just SE of us.  HiRes NAM is 2-4".  RGEM at 06z was still juiced.  06z GFS was 2-4, Euro was nada.  Models are all over the place so we focus on MLs and see if we can wring out some moisture.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

If the rest of the 12z suite comes West I’ll  believe that....but as of now I’m thinking what Will said ....Nada. 

But i hope you’re right Kevin...

You could still score an inch or two. But I was describing the rgem. Didn't have anything from about central CT on west. But that doesn't mean we can't tick a bit more. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You could still score an inch or two. But I was describing the rgem. Didn't have anything from about central CT on west. But that doesn't mean we can't tick a bit more. 

I'm not seeing any model showing meaningful snows outside of SE MA and CC right now.  GFS seems to the most robust with the MLs look so perhaps it right.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm not seeing any model showing meaningful snows outside of SE MA and CC right now.  GFS seems to the most robust with the MLs look so perhaps it right.

Yeah nothing has good snow to the west of 95 right now. Not convinced it won't tick a bit more though. It's a pretty strong shortwave. So I wouldn't be surprised. But we will see. We're running out of time for big shifts. 

12z GFS looks better early on two. What I have noticed, is that my sh(*t streak is sliding east, and that Plains s/w is diving a bit more S and W..thus causing heights in the east to be a bit higher...AKA more western positioning of the srfc low. Like Will said, no bog jumps, but anything helps. 

Archived