Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan. 12-13, 2018 winter storm Nowcast and Forecast

nrgjeff

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Apparently I had reverse psychology working when I saw East Tennessee was out. Euro hammers the western areas with freezing rain/sleet and the East with snow that run.

2-4 Nashville and Knoxville, 6-8 Crossville, Cookeville and my area. 10+ in SE Kentucky. 

Reminds me of the 2016 storm on the 22-23 of Jan.Models showed a few days before  the western areas were going to get hammered and the air was to warm for us,the models only showed a little sleet and snow but mostly rain then Memphis got shut out and we got in some places over a foot.I feel for Memphis though if this happens and they get the shaft again

16 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

Much more realistic amounts, I'd take this all day.  I just don't want too get shut out on this storm.  Model trends are worrying me a little hit this morning.  If I can cash out on a good snow in the next few days then I would call it a good winter honestly.

IMG_0337.PNG

On a related note, why do we always have a discussion each year on the GFS. The last three runs have been all over the place. Why cant this be addressed? Thoughts?

• Mr Bob pinned this topic
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived