Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Ericjcrash

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

Unfortunately looks like double digits will be Nassau east. Dry air is really eroding the stroger echoes as they come in from the SW. Irrelevant given the strong winds and literal whiteouts.

This band over me is continuing to push west, and should make it to Manhattan at least I think. Believe me, when it gets to you it'll pile up fast. Still a good 6 hours left to go here. I think at this rate I'll make it to 10" and could push 12". We'll see. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jm1220 said:

This band over me is continuing to push west, and should make it to Manhattan at least I think. Believe me, when it gets to you it'll pile up fast. Still a good 6 hours left to go here. I think at this rate I'll make it to 10" and could push 12". We'll see. 

I don't think its getting too far west of where it is now. The bands seem to stop at the mouth of Raritan Bay. It is what it is. Always hate to be in that zone, but not expecting too much at this point for my area. Been snowing for hours now and with the high winds and lighter snow it just is not accumulating to any impressive degree. Now someone is going to jump all over me, but this is the situation here, and it has been for awhile now.

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

I don't think its getting too far west of where it is now. The bands seem to stop at the mouth of Raritan Bay. It is what it is. Always hate to be in that zone, but not expecting too much at this point for my area. Been snowing for hours now and with the high winds and lighter snow it just is not accumulating to any impressive degree. Now someone is going to jump all over me, but this is the situation here, and it has been for awhile now.

Agreed, it's moving but dissipating as it does so.

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

This is an excellent radar site to use:

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=OKX-N0Q-1-48

I'm just getting dumped on right now-good lord. 

How did you shorten the timeframe? I use this: 

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=DIX-N0Q-1-48#

But it's like an 8 hour loop lol

Yes... SW Suffolk in West Islip... winds are a whipping (20+, gusts to 35-40 I would think)... heavy snow and 4+ OTG.... hard to measure.... it just keeps moving.....
Looking out my front door in West Islip... SW Suffolk County...038366bc74bfb99f26b2e2416d90c9d5.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Are you guys looking at the same radar? The heavier bands have clearly made western progress in areas. 

Not sure what they're looking at. Heavy snow has engulfed the entire NYC metro and even heavier bands are about to enter.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

KDIX shows a stronger band that just developed over the city and Westchester which looks to be making decent progress into NE NJ. That would be good news for us inland folks.

Yep, it very obviously made western progress, even here at the edges of it the dendrites already got better and visibility has dropped again.

Archived