• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

I love the snow. Like BuffaloWeather said if I could have 25-30 and heavy snow every day that would be perfect. This -5 with -30 windchills is useless and honestly quite dangerous especially when I spend half my day outdoors. Am greatly looking forward to a warmup and hoping after the warm up we break out into a more active pattern with many snow chances with hopefully better moisture not so cold temps. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it wasn't for your ground reports judging by that radar I wouldn't think you guys were getting much at all. That's high density NW flow for ya. We need a better radar network to pinpoint events like this. Enjoy fellas. My body hates this cold, pretty bad upper respiratory cold from this freezing weather. I never get sick in the summer months. I swear I was meant to live in the southern states, but love the snow too much. ^_^ 

46 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I love the snow. Like BuffaloWeather said if I could have 25-30 and heavy snow every day that would be perfect. This -5 with -30 windchills is useless and honestly quite dangerous especially when I spend half my day outdoors. Am greatly looking forward to a warmup and hoping after the warm up we break out into a more active pattern with many snow chances with hopefully better moisture not so cold temps. 

I snowshoe and ski. But I am prepared for it.  I want the media and  masses to experience max pain and suffering. When they are bleeding and begging for mercy I'll be happy. I hope it goes to 100 below.

I just took the dogs for a walk. I dress like some kinda Eskimo and honestly, I love it. Never was uncomfortable. As for the dogs? Well they can’t talk so they’re forced to suck it up. They seem happy enough. The doodle collects the old ice balls between her pads. The shepherd likes it despite the short hair. 

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Yea the euro is rain to heavy snow..

LES warning extended to 10pm..

They've extended it because of whats coming at us from the NE as the coastal retrogrades some much needed moisture is being thrown our way. Tday should be interesting!  The wind is absolutely brutal, esp when it gusts to 30mph with a temp of -4!

Couple details on the week ahead, kbuf

The increasing warm air advection, moisture advection and isentropic
ascent ahead of the approaching clipper will spread mid and high
level cloud cover across the region Sunday afternoon and evening,
with light snow developing from northwest to southeast Sunday night.
This will produce a general widespread snowfall through the day
Monday, with snow tapering off Monday afternoon and evening.
Plowable, yet manageable snow accumulations are possible, with the
greatest accumulations north and east of Lakes Erie and Ontario
where the added low-level convergence and upslope should aid the
precipitation. Meanwhile, amounts will likely be lowest for the
Genesee Valley and Northern Finger Lakes where the southwesterly,
downslope winds will likely erode the precipitation. Initial
thoughts on snow amounts are 2-4 inches for western NY, 0.5-2 inches
for the Genesee Valley and Northern Finger Lakes, 4-6 inches for
eastern Lake Ontario.
Several model runs are suggesting 850mb temperatures could push +10C
across western NY on Thursday. Have continue to trend the forecast
warmer during this time frame, with mid to upper 40s and even some
low 50s highs for the Genesee Valley now advertised for Thursday.
Should these 850mb temps of +10C or more hold, temperatures could
actually end up solidly into the 50s across the region. Global
models continue to struggle on the eastward progression of the upper-
level trough, with faster GFS bringing a cold front through on
Friday, while the EC supports a second very mild day on Friday, with
the cold passage for Saturday. There is also the potential for
soaking rainfall across the region with this frontal passage with
the subtropical moisture tap, although many details on timing remain
unclear at this point.

that'll be straight shorts and t-shirt weather if it comes to fruition, after what we just went through, lol.. Snow cover will do nothing to stop whats coming, I don't think, as far as the magnitude of warmth the EURO is showing and to an extent the GFS, though less in magnitude.

The Lake should refire here shortly just as soon as the Moisture incoming from the NE gets here as it's already entering the North Country.  I don't know if it gets to WNY, but it should at least affect areas to the ESE of the lake including Wayne, Cayuga, and Onondaga counties.  Possibly KROC but I'm not certain.

You sure its not snowing in KFZY?  If I snow, you gotta be snowing, No?

Drove from BUF to Chaumont today. Wild ride down the 90 and up 81. Temp started at 0 when we left at 10AM, climbed to 6 at warmest near Cuse, and down to -3 upon arrival in Chaumont. Arctic haze with frequent squalls all the way to Henderson, broke out in sun after that. Snow was heavy from about Waterloo to Liverpool. Roads snow covered and very slippery. Over 20 vehicles off the road at various spots. Is this Siberia or upstate NY?

Driving on Great Northern Boulevard towards 298 taking the Backroads as I didn't want to shoot down 81 but it's snowing just as heavy if not heavier Northern Boulevard Molloy Road Mattydale east side of Syracuse it's really coming down. Just about to carry a circle headed towards James Street in Syracuse and it's coming down the heaviest I've seen yet but it's really fine boy if it was accumulating snow this would have been some event even though it was still some event

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived