Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting heavy heavy snow here just North of rt31.  I just drove from 31 and it's nowhere near the rates I'm experiencing right now! It'll looks like its coming in on a North Wind fo the Lake and getting enhanced from above. Definitely closing in on 3" easy with fluffy dendrites but that's about to change as the Coastal heads further N&E.

42 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It came closer but that storm is still 300-400 miles offshore. Not even close to impacting our area. The rapid intensification is a beautiful thing to watch on satellite, thundersnow showing up as well. 

6389BEF2-2D1F-4E98-B0A6-C5EFCB5DB2E9.jpeg

Yeah well I never said it would.  If it took the track that some of the models had a few days ago, it would of hit Ireland,lol!

55 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It came closer but that storm is still 300-400 miles offshore. Not even close to impacting our area. The rapid intensification is a beautiful thing to watch on satellite, thundersnow showing up as well. 

6389BEF2-2D1F-4E98-B0A6-C5EFCB5DB2E9.jpeg

I wouldn't say it isn't impacting our area - maybe not extreme WNY, but CNY received direct snow from it and ROC-east has LE due to RH being thrown westward. All-in-all, it's such a strong system (951mb so far), it didn't need to be much closer to impact much of NYS. With that said, I'd would've liked to see it ride up the Hudson...

This system is currently sitting and spinning over the BM, that to me is quite a bit closer as it's about to hook into the GOM.  We're actually still under the influence of the system to our NNW and once the Coastal takes over, we should see more synoptic moisture get thrown back over the area helping to enhance the spray off the Lake currently getting going.

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting heavy heavy snow here just North of rt31.  I just drove from 31 and it's nowhere near the rates I'm experiencing right now! It'll looks like its coming in on a North Wind fo the Lake and getting enhanced from above. Definitely closing in on 3" easy with fluffy dendrites but that's about to change as the Coastal heads further N&E.

Snow intensity has picked up here in the last half hour.  I measured 0.6 at 1 PM since this morning, maybe enough since then to bring my total to an inch. 

53 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

This system is currently sitting and spinning over the BM, that to me is quite a bit closer as it's about to hook into the GOM.  We're actually still under the influence of the system to our NNW and once the Coastal takes over, we should see more synoptic moisture get thrown back over the area helping to enhance the spray off the Lake currently getting going.

WPC analysis has/had low passing just outside the BM, I think.  I'm curious as to whether it actually ended up on or just a bit outside, for future reference. Of course, not likely to see another with this intensity anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

WPC analysis has/had low passing just outside the BM, I think.  I'm curious as to whether it actually ended up on or just a bit outside, for future reference. Of course, not likely to see another with this intensity anytime soon.

It may actually have went just inside or passed right over.  We'll know more in a day or so, the exact track it took!

Sick as a dog here but still watching.  The west end of the lake has been unexpectedly active today and the east end is really firing up now.  How far back will the moisture come?   Roc has been virtually on the sidelines all day. Just some flurries and maybe a quarter inch.  Skies appear to be thickening and darkening to my north so maybe I’ll get into something here.  Wxfreak - I think you’re in a great spot for this. 

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Sick as a dog here but still watching.  The west end of the lake has been unexpectedly active today and the east end is really firing up now.  How far back will the moisture come?   Roc has been virtually on the sidelines all day. Just some flurries and maybe a quarter inch.  Skies appear to be thickening and darkening to my north so maybe I’ll get into something here.  Wxfreak - I think you’re in a great spot for this. 

I'm hoping so Delta, as I'm nearing 5" already, half of what Boston will finish with but I got 48hrs to go, lol!

18 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Snow intensity has picked up quite a bit here in the last half hour, decent flake size as well. Probably a solid 1"/hour right now.

Cyclonic curvature of the band on a 360 wind vector, absolutely lovely!  If that COastal had come 150-200 miles further West we'd a gotten both, Synoptic then backside Lake Effect and that would of been something as we would of been talking totals in feet when all was said and done, lol!

Look at the way this this ibeast is hooking NNW, WOW, as it gets finally captured by the upper level feature., and starts to stack and does so quickly, then occludes in the Maritimes.

5a4e97bc6236a_RAD_MOS_REG_NE_L2WINTER_ANI(2).gif.ecd3981fd094f93bc402444b700a731b.gif

Looks like the heaviest snow is currently south and west of the city towards Marcellus and Skaneateles right now. Winds should back somewhat this evening and hopefully move those bands northward into northern Onondaga county. Currently getting light to moderate snow with really nice flake size. Still only sitting at one inch since this morning. IMG_0048.JPG.d756cb738a1d69ba34384316113be581.JPG

Dupage radar puts that horrific radar to shame, and whats really a shame is that it was #1 but I'm not gonna touch that one again. Snowing heavily that's all I know, and its been doing so for a while now! Looks like it's starting to intensify as the winds slowly back and waves of synoptic moisture pass through.

Archived