• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jburns

2018 Banter Thread

1 hour ago, BIG FROSTY said:

It want be long now, So you better enjoy next couple weeks!! :shiver::snowwindow:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_47.png

Yay I only have to wait 324 more hours for more rain. Thanks Frosty 

The hype has begun!!!!

A monstrously large storm is forecast to impact much of the Eastern United States next weekend, bringing an abundance of weather hazards to a very large area. Heavy precipitation, strong winds, coastal erosion and flooding, and the potential for severe weather will all be possible in this storm. Geographically impressive, the area of low pressure is forecast to be very large, bringing rough weather from Florida to Maine and Illinois to North Carolina.

The hype has begun!!!!
A monstrously large storm is forecast to impact much of the Eastern United States next weekend, bringing an abundance of weather hazards to a very large area. Heavy precipitation, strong winds, coastal erosion and flooding, and the potential for severe weather will all be possible in this storm. Geographically impressive, the area of low pressure is forecast to be very large, bringing rough weather from Florida to Maine and Illinois to North Carolina.

So who is this hype from?

5 hours ago, tramadoc said:

This is how you know the weather is benign. No Mack or any other regular posters with posting of any type.

Whatever happened to that guy? Could always count him to be Mr. Pissy or Mr. Done-wrong-by. :lol:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

Don't want to upload because of image size, but these images are so cool

tropical.png

It's not the size. The board doesn't particularly like png files.  I converted it to JPG.

orig.jpg

• Like 2

Great example of a wind tide going on right now. Go to the NWS rivers and lakes page and look at the gauges at little Washington and the obx. Major water level drops at washington and major rises on the sound side of the obx

Anyone else up for a group intervention with winter?  I for one am NOT ok with its new practice of taking the whole month of February off then trying to make up for it with "overtime" in March.

8 hours ago, cbmclean said:

Anyone else up for a group intervention with winter?  I for one am NOT ok with its new practice of taking the whole month of February off then trying to make up for it with "overtime" in March.

A change is in order; meteorological spring is now February, April, and May. 

PS Groundhog day is now March 2.

29 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Ouch, thats knarly. You need alcohol.

I had some. It was delicious and it made my arm stop hurting  :) 

• Haha 1