Newest Member
    Toothache
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

What am I missing. h5 is digging west of 6z.  

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Trough has swung out west better at 114

This is getting interesting at 132. Trough is REALLY digging out west still. Much better return of gulf moisture to the northwest this run. 

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Agree,  but a little later in the run. I think we're going to be happy

Going to be a model war today. GFS does nothing with the lead wave that the euro/ukie/cmc do. Keys on the second wave and finds room to amplify. All we can do is hope the GFS is going to score one here. 

If we stick with the same general idea that everything else (except the GFS) is showing, the CMC delivered a 1-4" event. Same shortwave that the euro/ukie give us an inch or 2 with. 

ETA: the euro/ukie last night were just 100 miles too far north for our liking. CMC is almost perfect. Hopefully a south trend has commenced. lol

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If we stick with the same general idea that everything else (except the GFS) is showing, the CMC delivered a 1-4" event. Same shortwave that the euro/ukie give us an inch or 2 with. 

ETA: the euro/ukie last night were just 100 miles too far north for our liking. CMC is almost perfect. Hopefully a south trend has commenced. lol

Reviewing the Cmc vs. Gfs,  I'll go with the Cmc.  Comes in by 96 hours and has a snowfall bullseye over my house.  

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Can't come in after the fact and say it was no good. Lol

I read the board a lot a lot a lot during work I noticed the tilt early and posted what I saw then read on on Mr chill had the same thought. Thanks everyone on the board for there analysis every year!  Being patient in a cold dry pattern is tuff and we are in a slight drought.  

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Reviewing the Cmc vs. Gfs,  I'll go with the Cmc.  Comes in by 96 hours and has a snowfall bullseye over my house.  

The CMC has a lot more support than the GFS for right now. That can all change in a single suite of course. The last week or so has proven that there is limited consistency beyond hr120. We can get greedy and hope the lead wave d4-5 drops 2-4 then a follow amplifies and drops warning level snows. That's right out of the weenie playbook too. 

15 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

It doesn't look like it turns the corner this run, but I could be wrong

looks less flat, so room to creep north.  to me 500/700 look less consolidated than 6z so thats a flag, but the look is better than the W/NW snow shredder.  time for trends...lol

Just now, Bob Chill said:

The CMC has a lot more support than the GFS for right now. That can all change in a single suite of course. The last week or so has proven that there is limited consistency beyond hr120. We can get greedy and hope the lead wave d4-5 drops 2-4 then a follow amplifies and drops warming level snows. That's right out of the weenie playbook too. 

When it' the GFS against the world that usually doesn't end well for the GFS Lol. But if you look back at the last 4 runs of the GFS it has kept the same idea of the second short wave. Should be an interesting set of runs today. Hopefully we can score from  atleast one of the two short waves. With our luck the first will hit sne and the second will give the Carolinas a ft  of snow...lol

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The CMC has a lot more support than the GFS for right now. That can all change in a single suite of course. The last week or so has proven that there is limited consistency beyond hr120. We can get greedy and hope the lead wave d4-5 drops 2-4 then a follow amplifies and drops warning level snows. That's right out of the weenie playbook too. 

That's the beauty of the weenie playbook....it continues to be amended as needed.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived