Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

19 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Is that sorta like beach week for college kids during spring break but everyone's jacked on caffeine instead of cheap vodka?

I think you misunderstood,  or maybe not. The point is not that we could get anything like that snowfall wise, but more that the models are overwhelmed with the circumstances to come to any consensus. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

I think you misunderstood,  or maybe not. The point is not that we could get anything like that snowfall wise, but more that the models are overwhelmed with the circumstances to come to any consensus. 

I was joking. Auto correct or typo. You posted latte week and not late week. Lol

1 minute ago, Amped said:

Gfs trended towards the Euro, lower heights in the GAK, and the CA ridge is further east. GFS is really lousy in this pattern.

It's a ghost. Just like the southern storm. 

Anybody buying the gfs right now should go to hr 66 precip panel on TT and click previous run 8 times then decide if they believe the gfs at hr 102 right now. 

1 hour ago, Jebman said:

This is all MY FAULT.

I was the damned POS who wanted a ton of cold air. Well, we got the monolithic 1055mb high, and it has this slight tendency to shear some of the incoming shortwaves out.

It's all my fault. If I had not been so damned GREEDY for frigid air and getting to REALLY FREEZE, we would have had a decent shortwave and a decent climo snow throughout the entire subforum on the 29th. We would all have been content and would have enjoyed a ton of stout. I done killed the snow unicorn with my Siberian airmass.

F***.

It's not your fault. I blame it on PhineasC. Last Friday the 22nd when the GFS showed 2feet of snow he jokingly said "radio show?"  Should be forbidden.

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

It's further south than 12z. I think the confluence crushes it.

Yeah, I saw that. Looks like it tries to turn the corner, but then it doesn't. This is probably another reason we should focus on the short-medium range at the moment. It will probably show a different solution by 18z tomorrow as well. We can only hope that the models trend this puppy NW

1 minute ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

I know this evolution is unlikely, but one’s gotta think that high won’t verify at 1059.

I agree with you. High won't verify, but the event shown probably won't either. We've gotta hope for some quick events that surprise us like this Wednesday event 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived