joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Nothing like being sandwiched between two lake effect bands. :facepalm:IMG_0030.thumb.JPG.98b98f075450d64563289a96c843bf66.JPG

There's no doubt in my mind some of the rates in that Erie band are 4-5" an hour. I was in a solid 3-4" an hour earlier and the band didn't even look this good or as steady and consolidated. Just south of Holland is getting absolutely raked. Hope there's a spotter near there and hope the band stays in place there all night. I'll be working in Fredonia/Forestville tomorrow so hoping to see some serious snow there tomorrow as well...

Unfortunately, there wasn't an SUV available to rent this evening, so I'm left to try to get one around 8 am here in Pa.  Will have a 5 hour drive to the Tug Hill area, thereafter.   Anticipating getting there by 1 pm.  Majorly bummed I'm missing the overnight and morning hours.  

Hopefully, I can get into some intense bands tomorrow afternoon and evening.  Regardless, I'll make an asserted effort to check-in and update conditions.   

3 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Unfortunately, there wasn't an SUV available to rent this evening, so I'm left to try to get one around 8 am here in Pa.  Will have a 5 hour drive to the Tug Hill area, thereafter.   Anticipating getting there by 1 pm.  Majorly bummed I'm missing the overnight and morning hours.  

Hopefully, I can get into some intense bands tomorrow afternoon and evening.  Regardless, I'll make an asserted effort to check-in and update conditions.   

Stay safe, I've chased there several times and had several close calls, even totaled one of my vehicles on the Tug NE of Pulaski about 7 or 8 years ago. Post as many pics as you can but if it's too bad wait till it subsides, you can't drive in 4"/hr + on the Tug with absolutely nothing around to find your bearings, it's unlike anywhere else.

I may chase some tomorrow, not on the Tug Hill but south of there if the band is from Oswego to Mexico, Pulaski, it's only 25 minutes or so. Worth a spin for a couple of hours if it looks intense. I may take my older '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee, tires are newer than on my '15.

58 minutes ago, tim123 said:

To bad we don't have many if any posters from the tug or western southern tier

I was in western southern tier all day. Craziest drive home in awhile but I made it. 1’ at holiday valley, 15-18” springville, 2’ in Colden Boston, 6-10” in Eden 4-8” in Hamburg. Snowfall rates of 2-4” per hour all afternoon and evening. Very strong winds too. 

25791100_1879006702129009_3278029695483688616_o.png?oh=832d62d93202c6ba3e963d3453842b5e%26oe=5ABAEE08&key=84b1edbe983331a083d8f12f273fd2ed7b9f08a023f5bdf54bdc3a6feb94f647
Just bumping this from 3 days ago! What an absolute JOKE of a map. Fulton has probably seen an 1" if their lucky and that was from the synoptic event, lol! Still have no hope tomorrow for my immediate are as I think the band won't budge from Central Oswego County, even with the AF approach. If it does, it will drop the band completely through the area, then fire up multiple bands, smh, what a shame!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone south of Buffalo gets over 40", would be surprised. The LES setup will not generate nearly as intense bands as Ontario. I'd say max south of Buffalo 3' max east of Ontario 5-6'. 
4-5" being reported in that band South of KBUF, easily, with less being reported in the band to the east of LO. #unpredictable

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

4-5" being reported in that band South of KBUF, easily, with less being reported in the band to the east of LO. #unpredictable

The band is just getting started for Ontario. The best band for Erie already happened. Ontario will be going until Thurs at least. That map still looks good IMO. We can't even see what the band looks like with the radar being down. Latest special weather statement says 2-4" per hour in that band still.

The band is just getting started for Ontario. The best band for Erie already happened. Ontario will be going until Thurs at least. That map still looks good IMO. We can't even see what the band looks like with the radar being down. Latest special weather statement says 2-4" per hour in that band still.
That things been going since early afternoon up in the Tug? Whatever, as it doesn't matter either way. If either of us was under it then it would matter, but not this time.
Fulton is in 24-30"??? It has seen less than an 1"so far. This map will not verify anywhere other than the TUG, simple as that!

7 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Just bumping this from 3 days ago! What an absolute JOKE of a map. Fulton has probably seen an 1" if their lucky and that was from the synoptic event, lol! Still have no hope tomorrow for my immediate are as I think the band won't budge from Central Oswego County, even with the AF approach. If it does, it will drop the band completely through the area, then fire up multiple bands, smh, what a shame!

That is a pretty awful map as it's turning out. But we knew that going in. Bullseye is good east of L.O., not sure about Lake Erie. Seems like it's a bit S&E with bullseye but maybe not.  The special expanse and amounts outside of the bullseye is what's always buggered with their maps for big LES events, IMO.  

We will get a few inches eventually. ARW is slower moving the L.O. Band south (at least on the last run I looked at), which is probably more correct than the other models. I still think 6-8" south of Fulton and north of Syr is likely over a 24-30 hr period. And that'll be all she wrote for the next 10 days, other than nuisance clipper snows here and there.  The usual 2 and 3" to death!  If you want the big snows, you gotta head to the Carolinas and SE Virginia! LMAO! 

We all post model output that show's something for the, kFZY area through the CUSE, like this area should see some snow or something, when whoever lives in this area knows these models, haven't got a clue especially the HRRR, lol.  It's almost comical watching some of these meso scale models trying to pinpoint a band from 2 days out, lol!

Archived