joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

When we first moved here I wanted to live near Mexico, Parish, closer to work then. But wife didn't want longer drive to her eventual work down here. Chicks ruin everything!  ;)

Same reason we didn't move further North, because of her as well, as she works at the civic center, ugh!

23 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm so jealous of you guys. Literally 30-45 minute drive to the snowiest place east of the rockies. You guys should chase to the heart of the strongest band. Going to be some absolutely ridiculous rates. Crazy rates are my favorite, which is why synoptic events are all pretty boring for me and once Erie freezes winter loses its appeal. ^_^

Screenshot_20171225-102636-1080x2220.png

Good morning and a very merry Christmas to each of you! :)

I'm currently in Lancaster, Pa.  visiting with my wife's family for Christmas.   Planning to rent a vehicle and arrive in the Tug Hill area overnight to document this event.   My wife and son will join me tomorrow evening, as we have reservations in Altmar at the Tailwater Lodge.  Hoping for nothing less than a 3 flake LES event.     

Just now, danno said:

Screenshot_20171225-102636-1080x2220.png

Still figuring this photo thing out.  Pic is camp on the Tug about 5 miles west of Redfield, 940' elevation.  We're starting at 2' of very solid base and snowing steadily, we'll see if we can do the 36-50". Im pretty much at the cross hairs of Lewis, Oneida and Oswego counties. 

4 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

I'm currently in Lancaster, Pa.  visiting with my wife's family for Christmas.   Planning to rent a vehicle and arrive in the Tug Hill area overnight to document this event.   My wife and son will join me tomorrow evening, as we have reservations in Altmar at the Tailwater Lodge.  Hoping for nothing less than a 3 flake LES event.     

Thats awesome man but be very careful with no Monatgue radar.  Might be very hard to track this thing.  It'll be nice to have some eyes on the ground there though, post when you can.

9 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Think most places in western ny get snow squalls thus afternoon. Going to be a rough travel day with wind

I hope we can get a little something.  True West Wind events leave Roc in brutally boring conditions while I can see both bands from my house.....all day.  ugh.

But Im not really complaining.  It's downright arctic out there right now, winds are amazing, fresh coat of powder on everything.  It's a Christmas Miracle!

21 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Tailwater....very, very nice choice!

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

3.6" overnight. Long range looks extremely boring. Good luck to those off Ontario next few days. Merry Christmas all! 

Damn man, youre killing me.  It could look a million times worse.  A trough of this magnitude and persistence does not happen every year.  There will be chances this week and no threat to the snowpack for at least 10 days.  Holiday Valley is about to get buried!  Enjoy it.

33 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Not sure when this band is gonna reach down here to give us 12-18", because non of the meso's has the band staying over us for more than 3 hrs at a time so, IDK what their looking at, TBH.

Looks like later Tuesday and Wednesday for us. We should get several hours of lake effect. 6-8" probably good guess to work with. Over 2 days though, kind of low impact unless timing wrecks rush hours...or we get a prolonged spray, which is more typical and can be more snowy than the last couple of synoptic duds.

40 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Damn man, youre killing me.  It could look a million times worse.  A trough of this magnitude and persistence does not happen every year.  There will be chances this week and no threat to the snowpack for at least 10 days.  Holiday Valley is about to get buried!  Enjoy it.

We have had 4.5” from Friday through today. Pretty pitiful considering the promise this pattern had. I don’t expect much from the rest of the week - this December has been a sad joke for much of the Buffalo metro.

Archived